Chapter 13: Frying Pan

Start from the beginning

"If we wait here, we'll just catch frostbite!" snarked one thug outside the shed. The group hadn't moved since dropping their new 'cargo' into the storage building. "Mr. Grey is unpredictable when it comes to time! I ain't sittin' out here all night long, ya' hear?"

"We can't just leave her here! She's like a luminescent bulb- attracting every detective and freelance fish in the sea!" argued the other thug, who possessed a witty British accent.

"We do our job full and well if you don't want to have an electric surge frying your minds!" retorted the Australian. "Raven never plays games when it comes to our assignments! You wanna tough out a lousy cold or suffer his wrath and die?!"

vvvwwwwwwoooomzzZzZzZZZZZZZZZZIIEEE!

The men clutched their ears and writhed in agony, groaning and wailing like babies at the horrible sound emanating from the shed.

"GAH! WH-W-WHAT TH-" the Australian twisted the knob and swung the door open to see what possible source could have created such a wretched ringing.

(Y/n)'s had her hands over her ears but popped her eyes out at the Australian. She was caught in the act of escape. However, concerned only about the sound, he gritted his teeth and approached. (Y/n) cowered, gasping at his touch. To make things more lovely, (Y/n)'s necklace pendant had slipped between the open slits of the table. It took a couple of good tugs before the Aussie managed to rip her from her spot, snapping the delicate chain off her neck.

"Next hideaway!" growled the Aussie.

The girl felt the snag and groped her neck before looking back at her pendant on the floor.

"Wait!" she begged, holding back unpredictable tears. "Let me grab my-MMPH! MpMpHh!!"

The man had had enough of her shenanigans and covered her mouth until she was silent, dragging her away with the others promptly to a new location.

At that moment, a small rowboat pulled up to the harbor stealthily. The two men set foot on the ground, scoping the area they had arrived at. The thugs and young girl were noticed beside the rails of the port on the adventurer's left before vanishing behind another building.

Tintin tied the boat to the wood dock and led Haddock and Snowy in the group's direction. They were reticent, only signaling to communicate with one another without a peep. These were dangerous waters to be swimming in, and they needed to be careful.

After a few minutes, they peeked around another empty building to spot a lit-up property on the wet-cemented district.

Meanwhile...

(Y/n) fought against the thugs as they tied her arms and legs to a dining stool seated especially for her in a tiny kitchen closet... which was odd since she never seemed to pass one when walking through the funhouse. She heaved, but the strain was useless. The thugs stopped to examine her, ensuring they had done enough to keep her in one place for a while.

pppiiiifffffff

"You hear that?" a thug mumbled.

The thugs looked around for the source and realized the canister the Aussie had in his pocket was leaking. The lid was slightly ajar due to their prisoner's kicking and flailing at them.

The two other thugs covered their faces with their collars and fled. The Aussie held his breath, shut the canister, then swatted at the tiny blue strand in the air before leaving with a slam of the door.

The men relaxed and left the hallway, finally feeling freedom from babysitting. But they could not notice the two enemy faces that spotted them from the opposing side of the hall.