Chapter 12

Reader pov:

I couldn't breathe, I opened my eyes and saw I was being carried by one of the bandits. at's when I realized the fire. Ace and Dadan we're fighting Bluejam. I wasn't there to help them. I was gone, and due to the fall I must have gotten all these injuries. At that moment I didn't realize how bad my injuries were that I passed out again. I woke up the next morning, apparently me and Luffy needed to rest and get better especially after all the injuries we got. Out of the both of us I already was able to move around and Luffy kept trying to go look for Ace and Dadan, but the bandits didn't let us go out.

~later~

It's almost been 2 days since the fire. Later a bandit came and told us that Ace was back with Dadan. Luffy went and cried as he hugged Ace, and I attempted to hug Ace, but he had stopped me. He seemed angry, but maybe he was worried. After some time Ace talked about what happened in the fire as me and Luffy left later, for now I could just take care of Luffy, When dagora came with the expression I knew too well. At that moment I noticed that today was the day "Sabo died", and I couldn't do anything to help make sure no one got injured as bad as the cannon timeline, And I knew Sabo was alive, but he was gone. I shouldn't have given Ace his hat earlier, and maybe it didn't have to happen. I knew I messed up. At that time I didn't notice how much pain I felt, and especially since I thought I was causing more pain around me. Later Ace wanted to kill the celestial dragon for killing Sabo, but Dadan stopped him as he was later tied to a tree.
"YOU KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, YOU KNEW, YOU KNEW SABO WAS GOING TO DIE DIDN'T YOU?, THAT'S WHY YOU DISAPPEARED, WHEN WE CAME BACK AT THE AGREED TIME YOU WERE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, AND IF YOU WEREN'T THERE YOU SAID THAT YOU WERE PROBABLY STILL HUNTING SO WE WENT BACK TO GREY TERMINAL AND THAT'S WHEN THINGS WENT BAD! YOU COULD HAVE SAVED OUR BROTHER!" Ace yelled as Luffy cried while hugging me. I felt like Ace wanted to kill me.
'Maybe I shouldn't have told him, man why can't I keep my mouth shut.' as I started crying while thinking about my mistakes.

~The next morning~

3pov:

Dadan walked to check on Ace. Ace seemed to calm down as Dadan ordered the bandits to untie him, as she later asked how y/n and Luffy were doing. Apparently they both fell asleep that morning. As that happened a letter had come for Ace,y/n, and Luffy, when Ace had asked to see it promising to Dadan he wouldn't get near town. As he opened the letter to read,
"Ace,y/n, Luffy I hope you weren't hurt in the fire. I'm worried, but I believe that you are safe. I'm sorry about this, but by the time you read this letter, I'll be out at sea. A lot has happened, and I decided to set sail ahead of you guys. My destination won't be in this country, but elsewhere. There, I'll become stronger. I'll become a pirate! Let's become pirates with more freedom than anyone else, and meet up again someday. The four of us. Somewhere out on the wide, free ocean... I'm sure that someday, we'll meet! Oh and Ace... I wonder who's the older brother between the two of us? Two eldest sons, one sister, and one younger brother...
It might be strange, but this bond between us is my treasure. Y/n is growing stronger, even if she's still scared of spiders, and Luffy might still be a weakling and a crybaby... but they're family, so please take care of them for me!

-Sabo

After Ace finished reading the letter all his emotions came out as he cried.

~later~

Dadan was angry since the newspaper talked about the partying at Goa kingdom, but zero coverage on Sabo's death, she later asked how y/n, and Luffy were doing.
"Y/n has been mumbling to herself and then went into hiding." Said one of the bandits.
"Luffy is still eating just not as much, at least he still eats twice as much as the rest of us."
Said the other bandit. As they enjoyed that they had more food than usual. After eating Ace decided to go check on Luffy first.
"How long are you going to keep moping? All the treasure we hid is gone.Maybe it was stolen by survivors from Bluejam's crew, or maybe the military found it... I don't know where it is now. But that pile of loot doesn't matter anymore. Sabo and I we're gonna use it. It was our pirate fund. But, in the end, Sabo didn't use it. And so, I'm not gonna bother with it either. There's no point in gathering treasure if we can't even look after it" After that Ace listened to Luffy cry about getting stronger and stronger as he would be able to protect anything, so he wouldn't lose anything ever again. Luffy asked Ace not to die, so in response Ace yelled at him not to think that. As for Ace promised Sabo, and y/n he wouldn't die earlier. Ace acknowledged that he wasn't that smart, nor knew why Sabo was killed, but assumed that he was killed by someone opposed to freedom, but the three of them shared a toast with him and are still alive. As Ace said that he told Luffy that they should live without regrets, and live more free than anyone else as for they would go out to sea at seventeen. After that conversation, Ace said they should check on y/n, and as the thought of her doing nothing pissed him off, but what happened was too late to change.
A few days later there was a fight between the three of them, mostly Luffy and Ace when Luffy mentioned how Sabo was the better brother after Ace hit luffy for thinking that Ace should have died instead of Sabo, later the two made their own territory and kept fighting, but when a bear attacked Luffy, Ace had so much regret right then and there since Luffy got hurt, and y/n was having trouble getting back Luffy to safety, she got angry at him since he didn't help them earlier, and she did mention that they shouldn't have fought since they have no one else out there. As Luffy was looking better, Ace cried because of his mistake knowing that alone they couldn't be strong, but he was just as stubborn. As Ace was feeling regret y/n gave him a note.
"Here, it's like a puzzle."
Y/n was vague and angry due to the situation, but knew she had done enough and she knew she'd won't be free until she saw that life just goes on and she needs to stop blaming herself and that wouldn't happen for some time. Seven years later y/n and Ace left the island to start there own adventure.