Chapter 10

Reader pov:

It had been a few months since we finished building the tree house, my arm healed and it's already winter. I've been studying navigation. I can see why Nami makes maps, it makes things easier, since they're aren't that many, especially in the grandline. As I was studying, I heard three voices scream and I get off and went to check out what was happening, when I saw no one, but Luffy swinging the bridge where they were coming back from hunting. Some specific instinct came over me and I ran towards them and caught them when I saw Luffy almost fall into the river.

"Watch it you guys, you guys will kill me again." I said as I help Sabo pull Luffy and Ace back on the bridge.

"So what happened, and what did you guys catch?"

"We caught two dampa's! But a tiger took one."

"You mean like the one we caught?"

"No, it's was way bigger than the last one."

"So you're saying we killed a tiger cub! Ok, but where's the other dampa?"

That's where the boys explained, and how it fell, because we were trying to save Luffy.

3rd pov:

As they talked and went up the tree house Ace and Sabo kept telling y/n, why Lu was so upset, since the tiger took their dinner. As they talked Luffy imagined how he would be captain to all 3 of his siblings. That's when Luffy came with the great plan, to take out the tiger and whoever did first would be captain, they all agreed, while y/n looked and saw many ways it could have probably gone wrong, but she knew what would happen next.

~the next day~

"So your joining the competition Wallflower."

"No I'm just making sure you guys don't get hurt and so you guys are safe."

y/n responded to Ace, as for Luffy who was complaining about how hard it was to catch the bait, and Sabo told him to stop complaining. After that they lured a bear and not the tiger which was what they expect. Ace went and attacked it first, aggregating the bear, making the kids run. That was when old man Naguri came and saved them. Sabo and Ace kept yelling at Naguri to run, but Naguri used the conqueror's haki on the bear, saving the kids. At that moment Luffy could only think about how cool Naguri was, and how he did the same thing that Shank's did to save him. Afterwards as all five of them were waiting for the fish to be done Naguri mentioned how he used to be a pirate, and a captain which shocked Sabo. Sabo mentioned how he thought that Naguri was weird doing random stuff in grey terminal. Meanwhile, Luffy though every great captain could just stare at animals and scare them. As that was going on y/n was teaching Ace to cook the fish in the background.

Reader pov:

Ace split the fish evenly and Naguri started talking about how his crew lost to Roger and Ace slowly left. As that was happening it made me think about how I and most of the one piece fandom wanted to know about the D from characters in the series and everything from history in that world, as Luffy was going to ask Naguri to train him I spoke out.

"I MADE UP MY MIND, I'M GOING TO JOIN YOU LUFFY!"

"WAIT, YOUR ACTUALLY GOING TO TO JOIN HIM!?"

"Shi Shi Shi, I knew you would, so go train with me as your captain."

As the conversation was going Naguri looked like he decided not to enter my conversation and just seemed surprised that I would follow Luffy.

"Well what made you choose what you decided to do?!" Sabo questioned me.

"Well I was thinking and I want to know things that I couldn't explain at least now, but I will out to sea first and meet Luffy in Grand Line if he's ok with it."

" Yeah, but promise we'll meet you in the Grandline." Lu answered immediately.

"Fine."

"Wait where did Ace go?"

"About that,..." Sabo and I said at the same time.

"WAIT!?! SO ROGER IS YOUR AND ACE'S DAD?!"

"Yeah Luffy, and please don't tell anyone."

"Also don't tell anyone, and especially that me and Alheli said anything, or he'll kill you."

"Why"

"I don't know, but hates Roger, and I don't know why"

"But isn't he his dad?"

"So what"

"I mean I know, but I think it be best if he said what he felt about Roger I guess."

Luffy seemed to realize what Ace felt and Naguri accepted not to say anything about this conversation, as we headed back, Sabo tried to make sure we entered casual and that Luffy wouldn't say anything.

"Hey Ace didn't know you were home."

"Hey Ace."

"Hey Ace didn't know Roger was your's and Wally's dad and you hate Roger."

Well fuck, who am I to play God I thought as I could how they were going to die. As at that moment I remembered I told him as well.

Sabo was contemplating on how he regrets that Luffy should have drowned in the river and he should have mentioned anything.

"Luffy!"

"Yeah!"

"Who told you that?"

"Wally and Sabo told me! Hey Ace, what was Roger like?!"

"Well..."

I didn't even finish saying anything and after that Ace hit all three of us, and told us not to mention Roger's name again. Luffy kept provoking him and I tried to explain as well as Sabo, but Ace didn't let us say anything. Ace later said that we're no longer brothers, and the Sabo agreed with Luffy, since the argument and fighting shook the entire tree house. It made Ace's hat fall on him as he decided to just open it and saw the hat that was made for him.

"Heh I guess happy early birthday Ace."

"Seriously, this isn't going to fix anything, especially since you told Luffy. Thanks anyways."

After that it felt awkward and the floor would collapse, and since I don't want to die I went in the corner and not the center since that's where it felt less secure.

~one week later~

This morning was really cold, but me and Luffy could manage it's been a week since Luffy dragged me to train with him, and I have the suspicion that Naguri thinks I'm a boy since he doesn't really seem to care what we're doing. Since Naguri keeps going deeper into grey terminal and measuring his boat and looking at the plans he has as well as checking the material he currently owns, he only accompanies us to make sure we're not hurting anyone and if the trees are fine to chop down. Altho I do think Naguri does worry about us. Later that day we stumbled on Sabo and Ace thanks to Luffy. As we headed back Luffy tried showing Sabo how he has improved while practice hitting his target, and as he tried to demonstrate he hit Naguri again in the face.

"Ha you can stretch farther now, especially more than last week."

"Huh? I didn't notice that he stretched farther."

After that Sabo started to give Luffy ideas on what to do. After sometime and watching Ace lose to Naguri we all started training and help build Naguri's ship. During the experience Naguri tried to teach us common knowledge but, I ended helping, it also happened with swimming and sewing.
As time flew by me and Naguri were watching how Ace, Sabo, and Luffy were trying to fight the giant tiger, everything went as it would have been originally but, I may have gotten worried about them. Those feelings are worse than they would have been back then if I knew how they really were. I wasn't feeling as bad as I did when I came back and later Naguri left that day and set sail on the finished ship, man I could never tell what he thought.

A/n

Ok well I wanted to post this earlier, but I'm slowly drifting threw life, and personal life stuff and I hope you enjoyed this, because I really don't like the three episodes I had to rewatch multiple times to write this, I think I can pretty clearly remember their past now especially the episode with Naguri. Oh well have a good day/night