chapter 127

Deena shrugged off Simon's arm around her shoulders and moved to the other side of Sam to hold her hand.

Sam laughed as she watched Deena get out of Simon's grip to move to the other side of her and take her hand.

"I'm honestly scared what this surprise could be," Deena said as they made their way into Kate's house.

Deena stopped them once she walked in the door and looked around at all the people there. There was a lot more people that Deena actually knew and spoke to at this party which made her feel better already.

Sam sensed Deena's nervousness, "we don't have to stay for long. I'll be right here with you. I'm not going anywhere."

Deena smiled as Sam spoke then kissed her. "You make it all worth it."

"Oh would you two just come on. You're already late and now you're about to do more lesbian love the moment we walk inside." Simon teased as he pulled on Sam's arm to lead them to Kate's living room.

"There they are! Finally!" Kate yelled the moment she saw them walk into the room. She moved to stand on the coffee table in the middle of the room.

"Everyone listen up!" Kate yelled again and the people around them stopped talking. Kate obviously had an effect of all the other students in their grade after all these years they've gone to school together.

"So much has happened at Shadyside High, over these centuries. From witches to psychopathic ex boyfriends." Kate pointed to Deena and Sam before she spoke again.

"Now we have our first out gay couple. Not all of Shadyside is as accepting and loving as me, but this is a huge deal. Even in 1994. So to the couple who deserves it the most out of all of us, Sam, Deena."

Simon came around the corner with two tiaras and two sashes with the words, "Shadyside Queen," towards Deena and Sam. Sam's face lit up and laughed as Deena's grew deep pink and she looked terrified.

"This night is for them, so everyone raise your solo cups for them!" Kate exclaim and people raised the cups and cheered.

"Oh fuck no," Deena refused, as Simon tried to put the crown on her head. "This was not part of the deal."

Sam laughed as she put her tiara and sash on.

Kate made it through the crowd to Sam and Deena as the party started again and people started talking again.

"Deena, if you don't wear it I'll have to find some other girl to wear it and hang with Sam all night." Kate said, "I believe I saw Riley here, do you think she would be up for it? She owes us."

Sam busted out laughing as Kate spoke, she knew that was exactly the only thing that would change Deena's mind.

Deena clenched her jaw at Kate and shook her head. "We are leaving soon anyway so fine."

Sam took the sash and tiara from Simon and put it on Deena.

Sam smiled at Deena once she put it on her and kissed her. "Yes, beautiful. So perfect, Deena. It fits you." Sam said with a huge grin on her face.

Deena was still annoyed after she kissed Sam. "You both tricked me. I hate you right now," Deena looked between Simon and Kate as they both laughed.

Sam wrapped her arms around Deena's shoulders and leaned into her. "I know you hate it, but I never saw this coming. Being important just because we do the same things other couples here do."

The tension in Deena's body relaxed as Sam wrapped her arms around her. Deena's hands went to Sam's hips as Sam spoke.

"I wouldn't say I hate it. It looks so good on you, Sam. It's just not my thing. You're the cheerleader and the homecoming Queen. And I am just a drummer in the marching band."

"You're so much more than that, Deena. You are an adorable drummer in the marching band." Sam teased and Deena rolled her eyes playfully.

"But you are so much more. I would have never survived the last year without you. Everyone who knows you, loves you so much. Simon, Kate, Josh, you're dad and mom. Me. You're so beautiful and so strong Deena. And you're my future wife. My soulmate. I love you and," Sam was cut off by Deena leaning in and pulling Sam closer to kiss her.

"I love you so much too Sam. Fine I'll wear it for you. Plus, I think Kate really would find someone else to wear it if she got pissed enough at me."

Sam laughed and stepped back from Deena. As she moved back, there was a guy behind her walking while carrying and balancing four beer in his hands.

"Fuck," Sam gasped when she felt the beer on her back.

"I'm so sorry Sam. I was walking with my head down to try to balance them. Clearly I didn't do it well," Ethan said who was in one of Sam and Deena's classes.

Sam turned around to see who spoke, and Deena looked on Sam's back to make sure she wasn't hurt even though it was something so minimal.

"It's okay. I swear, don't worry." Sam said as she turned to him. Deena was behind Sam and glared at him.

When he saw Deena's face he backed away some from Sam. "What would you want me to do? I could get paper towels?"

"No it's okay, I got it. Seriously, it's okay. Things happen." Sam offered him a soft smile to try to reassure him.

He nodded and went in the opposite direction of them, Deena still glaring at him until he left.

Simon came back to them with some napkins.

"I have my one bag still in the trunk of your car that I had your house. Can I have the keys?" Sam asked and Deena handed them to her.

"I can come with you," Deena said.

"I swear I'll be okay, I'll be right back my Shadyside Queen." Sam winked then kissed Deena before she headed out the front door.

She took her sweater off the moment she got to the car, so she was in her bra still. She squeezed out as much beer out of the sweater then put it in the car.

She opened the car door to the back seat and was going through her bag for what shirt she wanted to wear when she heard a voice behind her.

"Just the one I was looking for. It's been awhile. And you already have your shirt off for me."

Sam clenched her jaw and her hands turned to fists the moment she saw who it was.

————————————————————————-
my friend wanted his name to be a character in this so now he's the guy that dumped beer on Sam and Deena wanted to kill him for it