chapter 111

The moment Sam touched Deena's face, all the anger and pain she had that Riley and Taylor caused disappeared.

"Deena, please don't go." Sam pulled back and put her hands on Deena's face. Her emotions have been so raw and intense the past few days. She felt alone and she was heartbroken because she thought she lost Deena. But now Deena was holding her and telling her how much she loved her.

The look on Sam's face made Deena's heart ache. She knew it was better for Sam's health if she wasn't around anyone to possibly get her even more sick.

Deena knew she was running out of time before Beddy would come back in and get her.

"Sam, I'm so sorry. I can't stay. I don't want to go. I wish more than anything that I could stay with you. They won't allow me and they will be in any minute now." Deena wanted so badly to kiss Sam but the risk was too high.

"Sam, I'm sorry. I love you so much and I'll be at my house waiting for you every minute." The somber and pained look on Sam's face brought tears to Deena's eyes and hurt Deena to see.

"Deena, we have to go. The doctor is making rounds she will be up next." Beddy opened the door and stood at the doorway watching out for them.

Deena hugged Sam tightly as she spoke next to Sam's ear, "Sam we are so close to NYU. So close. Please keep fighting. I need you and I need you to fight. You are so much stronger than you think. I love you so much."

"Deena..please," was all Sam could get out before her bottom lip started shaking. Her body was trembling now as Deena pulled away.

Sam tried to speak, but as soon as she opened her mouth, she started crying even harder now and started gasping for air.

Deena went to hold Sam then Beddy grabbed her shoulders and pulled her back out of the room.

The doctor and a few nurses were rushing to Sam's room as Sam's heart beat was going so fast and Sam was hyperventilating so the monitors connected to Sam started beeping.

Deena tried to pull away from Beddy, but didn't let her go. Beddy pulled Deena away by her arm and the last image Deena saw of Sam was her begging Deena to stay and then crying so hard she couldn't breathe.

Kate and Simon were outside the ICU doors waiting for them. As soon as Deena saw them, they both went to hug Deena and she cried onto Simon's shoulder.

I CRIED SO HARD WRITING THIS I couldn't make it longer because I was crying to much 🥺💜 but i have a test and some homework due by midnight then I will update some more 💜