chapter 61

Deena kept Sam distracted until the sun went down.

She had a surprise for Sam, but needed time for Simon and Kate to set it up for her.

Deena slid out of bed, untangling her body from Sam's, "Sam, I have something for you, come with me."

Deena couldn't hide the smile on her face.

"Now what are you planning?" Sam laughed as she followed Deena out of her room.

"Now, after begging and working my charm on the shop owner, I got her to make new ones of your guy's suit and dress." Kate lifted them up for them to see.

Sam's jaw dropped as she looked at Kate. "What? That's great, but why?"

Deena had a huge smile on her face as she squeezed her hand as she turned towards Sam.

"Because you deserve a do over for prom. I'll put my suit on and you put your dress and meet me here." Deena took the clothes from Kate and handed it to Sam.

Deena waited to speak until Sam went to change in the bathroom. "Thank you both. I couldn't do it without you. This means so much. I love you both."

Simon pulled the all into a group hug and they laughed.

"Come on big man!" Simon yelled for Josh and he came out of his room with a book bag.

Deena asked Simon if Josh could stay over to let her and Sam have the night for themselves.

Deena watched them leave and then hurried to her room to get dressed.

She looked at herself in the mirror, brushing and smoothing out her dark curls and straighten her blazer.

She went out of her room to wait for Sam in the living her. She grabbed the bouquet of roses from the kitchen as she waited.

Sam walked out into the living room, a wide smile on her face the moment she saw Deena.

"Deena this is amazing. You didn't have to do this but this is incredible," Sam said as she took the flowers and kissed Deena.

"I love you, Samantha Fraser and you deserve a perfect prom." Deena reached for Sam's hand and interlocked their fingers as she led them out the back door to her backyard.

As Sam stepped outside to the backyard, her mouth fell agape. There were pink Christmas string lights all around the backyard and on top. And there was Deena's stereo playing near the middle of the backyard.

"Deena this is... I'm speechless. This is stunning and so sweet and cool."

Deena took the roses in Sam's hands and set them on a table.

She led Sam to a table where there were candles lit and a tablecloth. And their cheeseburgers they always got together.

"A candle lit dinner with out cheeseburgers. You're leaving me in awe, Deena. I can't even tell you how amazing this is. I love you." Sam leaned into Deena and kissed her.

Deena pulled away from the kiss, "I love you too, now let's eat before it gets cold." She smiled wide and led them to the table.

They sat down across from each other, Sam still looking around the backyard, still in awe of it all.

Deena watched Sam as she looked around, she was falling in love with her over again as they ate and laughed together at the table.

Deena stood and held her hand out for Sam, and then led her to the middle of the backyard, under the lights.

Deena put a mixtape in, the first song was what they considered their song. "Hey" by the Pixies.

Sam put her hands on Deena's shoulders and Deena put hers Sam's waist.

"Sam you saved me, multiple times. I wouldn't have gotten through my mom dying if it wasn't for you. And then you saved me again at the first prom. I love you so much. I fall in love with you over and over again everyday. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you and make sure you're okay everyday." Deena spoke as they moved slowly together with the music.

Sam wrapped her arms tighter around Deena, pulling their bodies closer together.

"I love you so much too, Deena. It's you and me forever. I promise. I keep all my promises of you keep yours. I don't want to do anything else but be with you. This is magical Deena. Thank you. You deserve a perfect prom also." Sam kissed Deena, then rested her forehead on Deena's.

They slowly danced together, and slowly kissing at the same time, until the prom mixtape Deena made was over.

They stood there together. Their arms wrapped tightly around each other, their foreheads leaning on each other as they closed their eyes and moved around in slow small circles. They went back and forth as they told each other how much they loved the other.

————————————————————————
idk why the pictures at the top of the chapter sometimes have multiple copies together of the same one. just ignore it ig if it happens again