chapter 126

"I know how you feel about parties. You have the tendency to create scenes whenever a guy touches Sam." Kate said as Deena rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"But this is your best friend's party. It's the last one I'll have. We will have so much fun. You deserve it after everything the past few weeks. And I even give you permission to punch whoever checks out Sam if you come."

Sam laughed and wrapped her arm around Deena's shoulders as they all sat at their lunch table together.

Sam and Deena had a bad history with parties over the years. The last one left Sam drunk and walking around Shadyside at night by herself.

"I'll stay by your side the whole time and I won't even drink...it's up to you. You don't have to, I'll go if you go and if you don't want to then I won't go either." Sam tried to convince Deena. She wouldn't be angry if Deena choose not to go, but Kate would and that was terrifying.

Deena relaxed as Sam leaned into her and wrapped her arm around her shoulders. Everyday Sam became more brave to hold Deena's hand or kiss her quickly at their lockers before they went their separate ways for classes.

Sam didn't pay any attention to the looks they got or the comments people would say when they were just holding hands in the hallways. But Deena noticed every look and every comment, and she wanted to go after each of them.

She didn't care about the ones people said to her. She's heard it for years now. She only cared about them now because they were trying to hurt Sam by being offensive or hateful.

Deena was so proud how much stronger Sam has gotten, not just physically. But mentally and emotionally too.

Deena turned to face Sam who had a smile on her face which eased Deena's annoyance and made her to smile too.

"Fine, as long as I'm allowed to punch whatever guy that tries to check out Sam."

"Perfect!" Kate exclaimed and clapped her hands.

Like every time Sam came back to school after being sick, Deena was constantly checking on her and would carry Sam's books around for her.

Sam was sitting on the ground in front of her locker once Deena caught up with her after school. She smiled once she saw how determined and focused Sam looked as she wrote in a notebook.

"What homework is that?" Deena asked which caused Sam to jump, she didn't notice Deena walked up until she spoke. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, Sam."

Sam closed the notebook right away so Deena didn't see what was inside. "Nothing," Sam tried to hide the smirk that was written on her face.

"Sure, it is. Is it a good or bad thing?" Deena asked and held out a hand to help Sam stand.

"It's good. Very good for you." Sam took Deena's hand to stand up off the floor.

Sam then wrapped her arm around Deena's waist. It was only them in the hallway so Sam pulled Deena closer and kissed her.

"Can I see it?"

"Nope. Not yet, one day you will. I know how impatient you are. But it will be worth it, I promise." Sam spoke as she pulled away and took Deena's hand.

That night, Sam didn't chose to wear the tight dress that made Deena's face light up at the last party they went to.

That was now only reserved for Deena's eyes only and not at parties where just any guy could look at her.

She wore a pair of black skinny jeans and Deena's favorite sweater that was black and red. She planned to keep the promises she made at lunch to Deena. That she wasn't going to drink since she was still taking medicine and that she would stay with Deena the whole time.

And Deena was wearing an unbuttoned red and black flannel with a black shirt underneath which is what Sam told her to wear so they would match.

"Wow, you look so hot, Deena." Sam said when she met Deena at the front door.

Deena felt her cheeks grow warmer at the compliment from Sam.

"This is literally what you told and handed to me to wear."

"I know but you're still a turn on in anything you wear or don't wear." Sam smirked as she said it. She could tell how deep it made Deena blush.

"Oh God, Sam. Josh is home and in the basement."

Sam laughed and grabbed Deena's hand to head out to Deena's car.

They got in the car and Deena drove to Kate's house, she wasn't excited for the party and wished it was already over with so she could just lay in bed with Sam.

Deena parked by Kate's house then went around to the passenger's side to hold the door as Sam got out.

She knew Sam was stronger now after spending weeks in the hospital, but she was going to help Sam every chance she got.

Deena started to head towards Kate's house until Sam grabbed her arm and pulled her back to face her.

Sam wrapped her hands on the back of Deena's neck and pulled her closer until Sam's back was against the car.

Deena was surprised as Sam pulled her in and kissed her. She slipped her hands under Sam's shirt to hold on to Sam's hips.

She knew that there were some people by the door that could be watching them but Sam didn't care, she kissed Deena like she yearned to all day at school.

"Yo! Lesbians!" Simon exclaimed as he came from the front door towards them.

Deena groaned once Sam broke the kiss because Simon yelling behind them.

"There will be plenty of time later to make lesbian love." Simon was cut off by Deena playfully punching him in the shoulder.

"Buttttt, Kate has a special surprise for you two and you're late. So mom's a little annoyed. Let's go," Simon then wrapped his arms around both of them to lead them to Kate's door.

———————————————————————————

i love you all so much i feel responsible for you now, am i the mom now?