chapter 52

Sam made sure to wake up early again before school.

She laid next to Deena for a moment, watching her sleep, in not a creepy way at all, it was romantic. Romantic staring with the other person having no idea it was happening.

She wanted to reach out and trace the freckles on Deena's nose and cheeks. Sam's never felt such a strong and intense feeling before. The way she loves Deena. How much she loves Deena. How she would die for her. How she would even live for her no matter how much pain she was in.

She would be perfectly happy to lay next to her and tell Deena how beautiful she is and how much she loved her for the rest of her life.

When her teachers would ask her in elementary school what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said I don't know every time. She said this answer for years. She still didn't know when she got to high school.

But as soon as she kissed Deena, she knew.

She knew that she wanted to make sure Deena laughed everyday for the rest of her life. She wanted to make sure Deena felt loved everyday for the rest of her life. She wanted to make sure Deena was safe everyday for the rest of her life.

She wanted to take care of Deena when she was sick, even with just a cold. She wanted to make Deena all her favorite recipes her mom used to make.

She wanted to give Deena a wife. She didn't care about the laws. She knew one day they would change. She would be Deena's wife even if it wasn't legal in their state yet.

She was afraid of her feelings for Deena for so long and she regretted every moment she wasted being afraid.

Today, she wasn't going to be afraid anymore. She was going to hold Deena's hand in the hallways at school today.

All the other couples did it and as long as Deena and her were together, they could brace anything other students tried to do.

She was only scared of how her mom would react. She wasn't thinking clearly when she went to her house the day before. She just needed space and she didn't have anywhere else to go, besides Deena's house.

Sam carefully slid out of Deena's arms, replacing her body with a pillow under Deena's hands.

She got ready for school and took her medicine. She made Deena's favorite again for breakfast.

Deena's dad left a note thanking Sam for making them and leaving some for him. And Josh liked them as well, so she wanted to bake them again.

She wanted to make Deena breakfast for everyday for the rest of her life.

Deena yawned as she opened her eyes, she reached for Sam, but groaned again when she found her bed empty.

The familiar smell hit Deena again as she got up from bed. She smiled as she breathed in the sweet scent.

Deena made her way behind Sam as she told in front of the sink washing her hands. She wrapped her arms around Sam's waist.

"I could get used to this, you're spoiling us, you know. It won't be the same when your dad gets his place." Deena kissed Sam's cheek and laid her head on Sam's shoulder.

"You deserved to be spoiled. You know i won't be there very much. I can't bare to be away from your bed for too long. And your arms."

Sam turned around in Deena's arms, and tucked Deena's curls behind her ears. Then wrapped her arms around Deena's neck, a huge smile on her face that mirrored Deena's. Then she leaned in and kissed Deena.

Sam broke the kiss after a moment and pulled back to bring her hands to rest on both sides of Deena's face.

She looked at Deena with all the tenderness and admiration she had for her. "You are so beautiful, Deena, in every way a person can be. I love you so much. I can't wait to make you your cinnamon rolls every morning."

Deena wrapped her arms tighter around Sam. "I love you so much too. You're beautiful, Sam. You make me feel beautiful. You make me beyond happy."

It was an impossible dream to her to have Sam love her back. Now they were standing in each other's arms and talking about their future together. Sam had just gotten through something so painful that Deena couldn't even imagine what it felt like. She got through cancer for her, and Deena was going to build the family Sam deserved and Deena always wanted.

"You guys always make out in kitchens? At least you had the cinnamon rolls ready this time," Josh groaned as he took a roll.

Deena and Sam laughed at what Josh said, Deena turning away from Sam to pat the top of his head again.

"Hey, stop that! Don't be weird and affectation. Save that for Sam." Josh said in between bites.

Sam laughed and almost choked on her roll.

Deena leaned up against the locker next to Sam's. She looked over Sam's shoulder for any sign of that asshole football player that tried to get with Sam.

"Come on," Sam shut her locker with a smirk on her face.

Deena started walking with Sam and looked at her as she was confused by Sam's smirk. "What are you planning now?"

Sam moved her books to her other arm so that the arm on Deena's side was free. She smiled wide at Deena, excited to see her reaction as she slide her hand into Deena's and interlocked their fingers.

Deena's cheeks grew hot and pink with a smile on her lips, when she realized what Sam was doing.

"Are you sure?" Deena asked as she leaned closer to Sam's ear so she could see her.

"I'm tired of being afraid. And I'm not ashamed of my feelings for you, I love you and I want the whole world to know. I'll deal with whatever my mom does or other people do. It's worth it just to hold your hand in public." Sam stopped for just a second in the hallway to face Deena, to make her know how serious she was.

"You leave me in awe everyday, Samantha Fraser. If anyone tried anything, tell me. But remember, no killing. Only slapping if someone deserves it."

—————————————————————————
pls be nice to sam it makes me sad 🥺 i relate to her story the most with my life but ily guys