4. Sebastian

Her fucking laugh fills my ears before I could even settle into a chair, "what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask, her eyes flit to me and she smiles. Most people would look disgusted by my tone but not her, she smiles at my common curse word.

"Imogen has a meeting with her advisor and Jaiden texted saying you guys are in the dining hall," She shrugs as I sit down beside her.

"You aren't hungry?" Maverick asks her and she immediately shakes her head making my eyes narrow. I don't know what is up with this girl but she's skinny and shouldn't be missing meals, I don't tell her I know she's skipping meals so instead I pull out a container that Penny repacked, filled with meat and cheese.

"Eat it, Mitchell," I tell her as I pull out my lab report.

"No thank you, Hale," She jokes back and I shake my head before picking up a pop tart package and throw it on top of the container, she fucking smiles again and I can't help but decide if it irritates the fuck out of me or makes me want to smile back. She opens the container and I lean back in my chair. As lunch continues I watch her from the corner of my eye and she does indeed what's inside the container.

I pull out my phone from my pocket only to find a text from Rhett, no context but it was a screenshot. I zoom into the screenshot, I think it's a text convo from Dad and his mother and it didn't look pleasant, I actually cringe at the way Dad treats her.

Rhett- Do you have class later this afternoon?
Me- No I'm done for the day.
Rhett- good, meet me in the gym in an hour.

I don't respond back and just pocket my phone instead. If Rhett texted me and basically said he needs me, it's fucking bad.

"Oh! Hold on, I've got to do some damage control," Genevieve says and abruptly stands up from the table, we all watch her round the table and strut towards another table. I watch her, she's taller than most girls but it works for her. I often saw her in a similar outfit to what she is wearing right now, light wash mom jeans and a cropped leather jacket with Doc Martens.

Her bubbly personality doesn't match with her punk rock outfits she often wears but somehow Genevieve Mitchell rocks it and it's rocking other things inside me.

"Who is she talking to?" Jaiden asks turning his head a bit, I was the only one that could see her since the others had their backs to her.

"Derek, lacrosse captain," I say watching them. She was standing up, rocking back on her feet as she fiddles with her fingers. The two were fucking smiling.

"Bro if looks could kill," Spencer laughs and I flip him off.

"I've got to go, Rhett said to meet him at the gym," I grumble packing my things up.

"Is he good?" Jaiden asks.

I scoff "when are we ever," I sigh, the guys nod their heads at me and I nod back before turning back and exiting. It's getting chillier now that winter is approaching, Penny is going to start fucking counting down to Christmas soon I can feel it. I check my mail and scroll through Twitter as I make the walk from campus to the penthouse.

Penny- this you?
attached image

I open her text and the picture loads, it's a fucking picture of Genevieve and me, the one Spencer took a week ago and put on his story, now the picture has circled the students. I'm not surprised my sister is following some school gossip Instagram account.

Me- yeah.
Me- before you say anything else. Fuck you, Penny.
Penny- LOL

I roll my fucking eyes because I know wherever she is, she definitely burst out laughing. Sorry to that poor professor.