12. Sebastian

"I've got to admit, how do you not freak the fuck out?" Genevieve sighs, I glance away from my notebook and textbook.

"I'm just not as emotional I guess," I shrug and she rolls her eyes tugging on her ponytail. Ever since she called me that one time during the break we found ourselves FaceTiming each other every night.

"What's wrong with showing emotion, Mr. Grinch?" She asks me and I scoff.

"Why are so stressed? Aren't you just redoing your notes?" I ask her toying with my pencil.

"Me redoing my notes is making me feel stressed," she shrugs.

"We've just started the new term," I tell her.

"Thank you genius, I need a break. We've been at it for hours," She sighs. She's actually right, we're nearing our fourth hour of doing homework. We started out with a call and then switched to FaceTime.

"Actually agreed," I nod dropping my pencil, I close my textbook and sigh leaning back in my seat. Through my laptop screen, I see her cover her mouth as she yawns and rub her eye, she looked fucking cute.

"Want to watch a movie?" she asks. "If you say yes, you can pick the movie?" She suggests before I could someone knocks on my door.

"Hold on," I tell her and she nods, "yeah?" I yell leaning back on my chair.

"Dude," Rhett sighs walking in, "oh shit sorry," He stops in front of my bed seeing Genevieve.

"We were just doing homework Rhett, but I can sense this is a private talk so I'm going to go get a cherry cola," she smiles at us and I watch her get up. Rhett sits on the edge of my bed closest to me.

"What's up?" I ask him with a sigh putting my microphone on mute just in case.

"That going steady?" He changes the topic.

"We're not dating, what did you come in here fucker?" I sigh.

My brother actually fucking smiles and shakes his head "Dad wants our weekly dinner at a fucking restaurant," He says. The legs of my chair hit the floor and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Are you fucking with me?" I ask.

"I wish I was," Rhett glances at my laptop and I see Genevieve settling back into her desk chair, cherry cola and a glass in her hand, I think she's talking to Imogen cause she's looking at something off-camera, I guess she put her microphone on mute too. "It gets worse."

"How much worse?" I ask looking back at him.

"Dad has seen the school's university gossip accounts, he thinks she's your new girlfriend."

"Fuck!" I groan running my hands through my hair.

"I'm sorry, I tried negotiating with him saying she's working but he joked about calling into her work and making sure she's not working that night, which we both know isn't a lie."

"No, when dad thinks of something he sets his mind to it."

"I'm sorry Dude," he says again and I shake my head clasping my hands behind my neck.

"There's a reason why we only have one-night stands, it's my fault, I should've been more careful."

"Want me to bring my assistant to the dinner?" He jokes and I sigh, that's actually not a bad idea. Rhett has a thing for his hot assistant but he's fucking professional and won't cross the line but that doesn't mean they've 'fake dated' at certain business events.

Plus Rhett bringing his assistant will hopefully soften the blow and keep Dad's attention away from Genevieve but I doubt it.

"I don't know, I'll let you know," I tell him and he nods.