(30. She's been shot)

*Inspired by Chicago PD Season 4, Ep 8 A Shot Heard Around the World

Jay and I were having breakfast. "So I was thinking." You, me, Natalie, and Will should have a double date. I took a bite of my waffle. "You know? Now that they're finally together." I suggested.

"You think so? I mean Will's not that great." Jay shrugged, smiling cheekily.

I shoved him lightly. "C,mon, it'll be nice we can go somewhere or we can have it at our place." I suggested.

Jay rolled his eyes playfully. "Fine." He gave in.

Just before I could take another bite of my waffle a call on the radio came in. "10-1 my partners been shot, requesting immediate assistance." We heard a patrolmen throught the radio.

Jay and I got up quickly and ran out of the café towards the car. I got in the drivers seat while Jay was calling in letting the dispatch know we were on our way to the scene. I floored it all the way to the location and once we got there we saw a patrolman crouched down over the almost lifeless body of his partner.

I stopped the car and Jay rushed out of the car, gun drawn towards the victim helping to get his body dragged to safety. I was out of the car looking out for a shooter keeping my eyes peeled and Jay covered while he tried to help.

"This is 50-21 George-" Jay began calling for an ambulance and for backup while we heard gunshots. Only seconds later more patrol cars along with the rest of the team rolled up also with their guns drawn trying to locate the shooter.

I quickly hollered letting them know where I thought the shooter might be and then we went into the building. Jay stayed behind with the victim, I shot him a quick glance to see if he needed me to stay but he nodded letting me know it was okay for me to go in.

____

The whole building went into lockdown while we tried locating the shooter. The closest streets being shut off and numerous reinforcements coming to help us.

Jay and I headed to the hospital to talk to the patrolman who was a witness to the whole thing. While we waited for him to get finished checked up Jay went to the bathroom to get the blood of his hands.

"You alright?" I asked him seeing him wipe his hands with a papertowel.

"Yeah, I just hope he'll be alright." He shot me a faint smile.

"We did everything we could." I rubbed his arm and he just gave me a slight nod.

We began questioning the officer and it was obvious to say he was really shook up, completely flustered by the whole situation. He explained everything and I could tell he was trying to keep it together. "After it happened did you see any movement?" Jay asked him and he answered relatively calmly.

"You didn't see or hear anything?" I asked him trying to use a softer tone.

"THERE WASN'T ANYTHING, THERE WAS NO GUNSHOT! NO MUZZLE FLASH!" The man started raising his voice, annoyed at our questions. He began approaching me but Jay stepped in between putting his hands on his chest to try to calm him.

The man finally cried, feeling guilty for his partners current position. "Nothing you could have done, could have prevented that." Jay tried to comfort him.

We were on our way out of the hospital when we saw Will come out of the Emergency room where the officer was being treated. He turned to look at us, a look of defeat in his eyes. "I'm sorry, we did everything we could." He told us.