Thirteen - 03x07

"So, what are we going to do now?" I sit down on Clarke's bed after Lexa dropped a bomb on us. Not literally. She came up with a blockade to contain Arkadia and a kill order for anyone who crosses the line. "I have to talk to Lexa." Clarke already walks to the door. "You just did that and came out with a kill order on all of us. That's the second time that she left us all to die", Octavia says sharp-toned. "I'm not a fan of Lexa either but maybe we can fix it." I don't even sound convinced but Clarke nods wholeheartedly. "I'll see what I can do."

"You don't believe that shit, do you?" Octavia asks when Clarke is gone. "No I don't, but I believe in Clarke." "She doesn't even see you with Lexa here. Why didn't you leave earlier?" Octavia moves over to me. "I tried to, but she wouldn't listen." I think back to the day I tried to convince Clarke to leave Polis.

"Clarke, I think we need to go back. Don't get me wrong, Polis is amazing but I think we should go back to our friends", I carefully approach her. "You're probably right, but I'm not leaving." She moves away from me. "Is this about Lexa? You love her, don't you?" I try to sound not too hurt. "We aren't together anymore, I can love whoever I want", she says nonchalantly. "No we didn't exactly break up, Clarke. You kissed Lexa and then left. You left me." Okay now I definitely sound hurt, great. "Then why did you go after me?", she asks. "Because I love you!"

After that day I had wanted to go back to Arkadia but I couldn't leave her, so I just did my job: being her guard, nothing else. We didn't talk as much as we used to and when we spoke, we didn't mention Lexa. She made it clear that she didn't feel the same way anymore, atleast not about me.

I'm waiting outside for Octavia and Clarke to come so we can ride back to Arkadia. It's a long ride and the kill order goes into effect at dawn, so we shouldn't waste time. Octavia exits the tower and walks over to where I'm waiting. "Where's Clarke?", I ask after realising she isn't coming after her. "Lexa asked her to stay." Octavia sits down beside me. "What? She didn't say yes, did she?" I can already feel my skin burning with anger. "No I told her she had an hour to say goodbye and then we'll leave", Octavia calms me down. I sigh. "Let's hope she'll be here then."