Chapter 20

Song: Apologise- Timberland ft One Republic

SHURA

"How's my grandchild doctor?" papa asks Doctor Florence

"Not so great." She says and I get scared. "Luckily the blow didn't cause much damage. You were able to get here before anything major happened."

"Thank God then" papa says and holds my hand

"Shura, you haven't been eating right, sleeping right, you've been stressing yourself up so much and I understand that it is because Donald just passed. If Nkwenti dies today, I would be very affected. However, if you really have interest in having this baby, you have to shake it off. At this rate, you might even get a miscarriage." Dr Florence calls me out and I feel guilty for not taking care of myself and of the baby, of our baby. "You need to relax. Take a vacation, get some of that negative energy out. At least for your baby's sake."

"Yes Doctor Florence" I answer and dad rubs my arm."I've prescribed you some drugs, but I'll say you need more of psychological healing than physical healing"

"I agree" I tell her and she smiles before touching my shoulder and excusing herself so she can attend to other patients.

"This is proof that you really need to relocate to Yaounde" papa says and I pick up my phone to text Jerry and accept his offer. The sooner we get out of here, the better.

Jerry agrees and tells me he will arrange for a car to pick us up as well as a plane, all I have to do now is to get our things arranged and get Azinwi out of the hospital. Papa and mama agree that she and Pamela will come along with me while he stays back here in Bamenda.
When I get to the Regional Hospital, Az is awake.

"She's been up for a couple of minutes" the nurse tells me and I hurry inside her room to find her staring at nothing.

"Az... Cherie, how are you feeling?" I ask and sit beside her. "Azinwi?"

"Kacely... where's Kacely Shura?"

"Well he's probably..."

"I need to get to him as soon as possible" she says and starts getting off the bed.

"Az wait... where are you going?"

"To apologise to him. I feel like I messed up real bad" she adds and starts taking her drips off.

"Az you need to calm down... Nurse!"

"Kacely!" she calls after taking off her drip and wounds her wrist in the process.

"Look at what you've done now!" I scold and hurry towards her.

"Kacely" she calls again and hurries towards the door but I grab her wounded wrist and she winces just before the nurse enters.

"Azinwi, I am happy you are up but you are going to have to calm down or you might hurt yourself. Plus you are very weak, you might pass out." The huge dark nurse advises in his deep yet soothing voice.

"Yes but can I apologise to my boyfriend first? I... I said something that might have really hurt him and I... I just want to apologise and I'll be back. I'll be back before you know it."

"No, we can't let you do that. You are too weak and you might pass out on the way."

"Well you can't stop me" she says and heads for the door as blood from her wrist drops on the floor.
The nurse hurries towards her and grabs her before quickly injecting a sedative into her arm which makes her to slowly pass out. They attend to her wound and I let them know that I will be taking her out of the hospital first thing tomorrow morning.