Chapter 6

Song: Hit the ground - Justin Bieber

KACELY

"Kace!" Afi calls as she knocks my door but I choose to ignore her. It's probably for something very unimportant as always.

"Kace! Kace! Kacely!"

"What do you want Afi?" I roll my eyes. I had finally succeeded in concentrating on what I was solving before she knocked my door.

"There's no Boomerang on the TV."

"So just watch something else." I suggest

"Like what?"

"I don't know... Cartoon Network?"

"No, the cartoon figures on Cartoon Network are ugly."

"Go play with Garfielda then"

"She's sleeping."

"Wake her up then"

"No, that's rude"

"She's a cat!" I yell. She didn't mind interrupting my study but she won't wake a cat up.

"Wehh Kacely please na..." She begs and I pinch my nose and roll my eyes again. "It won't even take long"

"Fine. Give me twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes?! What am I supposed to be doing for twenty minutes?" She whines

"I don't know... Shutting up?! I'm trying to study Afi, I have exams soon."

"Wehh... Just come and finish with me so that you can study in peace." She negotiates and I put on my earpieces to block her squeaky voice. She keeps knocking and knocking till I give up and get up from my reading table. I open the door and she smiles at me with a "cute face".

"You are honestly just so annoying" I breathe and head down stairs. "If I fail the GCE, it's your fault." I tell her and head downstairs.

"Don't exaggerate, it won't take long." She giggles and hurriedly grabs the remote and hands it to me. I frown and grab it from her so I can search for  channels. The cable refreshes and Afi grabs the remote before hugging me and saying thank you.

"Now that I've kept my end of the deal, I don't want you at my door again for some silly reason." I tell her and head for the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"My reason wasn't silly" she says in defence. "Um... Kace, isn't that your friend on TV?"

"Which friend?" I ask before gulping down the rest of the content of the glass.

"The one who's been in the news lately, the one with the nice voice." She says and I look at the television.

It is her...
It's Az...

I watch as she hurries in while escaping the few journalists who are there.

"Retired Colonel Ntonifor's granddaughter who had been missing for ten days now was spotted at the Nkwenti-Florence Hospital a few hours ago where her grandfather is being hospitalized after being shot in his lungs three days ago. Our sources say she was spotted this morning in Buea and a few hours later here in Bamenda" The journalist reports.

"She looks really tired and... sad" Afi comments

"Afi, I have to go" I say and hurry to my room to get my wallet and phone

"Where are you going"

"To the hospital, just... be home till mom comes back"

"What if the cable goes off again" she asks as I close the door behind me just before mom walks through the gate.