Chapter 19

I dedicate this chapter to  😂😂😂

One thing I can say is she's over with Az's shit. Thanks so much for always reading and voting love. I appreciate 😘

Enjoy!

Song: Bleeding Love- Leona Lewis

KACELY

After mom and I empty the pizza box, I head upstairs and take a bath. I have to study for Biology. After Computer Science, it has to be the easiest subject to me. I targeted an A from the get go but now I'll settle for a C even.
I grab a past question and try answering it. The MCQs aren't terrible and it encourages me to go to paper 2. One of the questions requires me to draw the human respiratory system. I start by drawing the curvy body structure and when I stop to observe it, It's not curvy enough. I erase it and make it super curvy, so curvy that the space between the vertical borders is extremely narrow.
I draw circles blocking the top and bottom and I know that this is not how a respiratory system is supposed to look like but I go on. My heart and fingers ignore my mind and draw a figure that it has gotten used to seeing so much over time.

Soon I draw a rose at the lower section of the shape, then surround it with dots to signify the grains of sand on the original thing. I try carving out the structure of the ankle on which I saw it. I look back and it looks like hers, like Azinwi's.

If she were here, she'd call me stupid for drawing something so far away from the question's requirement. But I know she would have liked it, she would have loved it, but she'd never admit it.

"Every time I look at it, I want to be reminded of the fact that my nightmare won't last forever."

When I close my eyes, it's like I can still hear her utter those words. I remember the chills that went through my body when she explained what she actually meant. The day I met her, the day she came into my life.
I remember how she let me touch her tattoos and how I felt so alive while doing so. I remember our discussion that night, how we talked about so many things and how she was so confident and well-grounded about her opinions. How I was so blown away by her. Azinwi was able to get me to have sex with her on the first night with very little effort at some stranger's house in a strange town in a strange country. That was practically against everything I stood for back then.
But how could I have resisted her? She was so beautiful, so sexy, so daring, so ...different.

I remember how good it felt for her to touch me, for me to touch her, to have our bodies join so intimately. It was so foreign to me, so strange yet so rip-roaring. I had never felt anything so good in my life.
But then she left without saying goodbye, yet we met again at RCC, she pushed me away, then drew me closer, then our fling started and I was so caught in her net. I was falling for her so hard and fast and so stupidly, yet I did not want to stop the stupidity. The crazy sex we used to have, the way I could not get enough of the bliss, the danger; in the library, in the school pool which eventually let to us facing the DISCOM. Going to Foumban, me taking control for the first time, us fighting, me breaking up with Ara, telling Az I love her for the first time, her blowing it off and how it hurt like hell to be rejected by her. Settling to be her side piece but having this load which reminded me that that wasn't what I should be doing. Honestly, it took a lot for me to stand up for myself but I am glad I did.

I had to try so hard to get Az to finally admit she had feelings for me or even open up about her previous romance stories. I recall how it felt to know that after we had sex the day we quarrelled in her safehouse, she ran off to have sex with some other guy. I had to be strong and force her to realize the feelings were mutual. The day she admitted she loved me, at her grandfather's wedding. The enunciation of those three words, how slowly they came out from her small kissable lips. I felt this overflow of excitement when I heard them. That was the sweetest kiss we had ever shared, so full of love and passion.