0

"No. . .no..."

The man backed away from me on his hands and feet. I approached him threateningly, my knife in my hand.

"Alessandro! Ricardo!" He screamed hysterically just as his back hit the wall. I could see the fear in his eyes, and it pleased me.

"Uh... Which guards are you calling exactly?" I asked disdainfully. "The ones outside who didn't even notice me creep in or the ones in the house who can't even hear you because your room is soundproof?"

"What do you want?" He screamed. His voice came out strangled with fear.

"Come on Luca. I thought you were a smart man."

Luca began to move in what would've been a stealthy manner if I wasn't such an alert person. Before he could grab his gun from his nightstand, I pulled a pocketknife from my pocket and flung it.

The knife pierced through his hand, nailing it against the headboard of his bed. A pained scream escaped his lips.

"Oops. Not fast enough." I chuckled humuorlessly as I grabbed his gun from his nightstand and threw it away.

He studied me with dread in his eyes. "Please don't kill me. I have money. A lot. I can give you whatever you want."

I plucked the knife from his hand, making him whimper.

"Oh Luca, as interesting as your offer sounds, I'm afraid I'm going to have to refuse. I can't afford to let you kill another woman and the man she loves simply because she chose him over you."

"Is that why you're here? Because of Marcela?"

"Mainly. But I also came because you're a piece of filth this town doesn't need."

"You... You don't understand. She was my wife." He said desperately. "When I found her in bed with that man, I... I just lost it and..."

"And you let your men abduct them so you could kill them both with your own bare hands." I completed his sentence for him.

He looked at me with a mood of defiance. "What would you have done if you'd caught your wife cheating on you?"

I pursed my lips. "Anything but kill her and her lover." I ground out. "Marcela drove you crazy when she was alive. Now she's going to drag you to hell."

"Who are you?" He asked with astonishment.

"Mikhail. Il fantasma."

I drove my knife through his throat. He gasped, his eyes widening as blood began to flow from his mouth. Within a few seconds, he was gone.

I left Luca's room through the main door and immediately encountered two of his guards.

"Hey. Who the hell..." One began to demand, raising his gun.

Slipping my gun out from behind me, I dove onto the floor and fire two shots, killing both of them on the spot. Getting up, I continued my way downstairs and shot two more guards in the hall. I threw my gun away and grabbed their guns.

As soon as the four guys situated outside spotted me, it was a gunfight. Well they were the ones firing at me anyways. I ducked behind a large flower vase, then a pillar.

As soon as I spotted my opportunity, I fire four shots in different directions. The gunshots ceased. I stepped away from behind the pillar to find them on the floor.

I never waste bullets.

I'm Mikhail Berlusconi. The Ghost. A highly trained assassin. Greatly feared in the underworld but known by only a few people because I work for no one.

I only took out bad guys. Show me one in this town, and he was dead meat.

Because I only gave a fuck about two things: my revenge, and making sure this city was safe from all sorts of unscrupulous criminals.

Criminals like the men who brutally murdered my parents without a single hesitation.

And nothing was going to stop me.

*******

Tell me how I'm doing and I hope you read on!

LOL(Lots Of Love)
-E!