The Shock

Her body glided through the underground halls of the Rebel Angels lair, pride and fear seemed to ooze from her peach colored skin. With each step an Angel clad in old clothing would smash their bodies against the dirty walls, others would flee through doors, some would just stand mouth gaping, and very few would sneer or say something condescending under their breathe. Shay had better things to worry about than punishing unhonorable Angels. At the end of the hall stood two large Angel's hovering around a giant door. When Shay approached the door, they didn't move or stop her like they normally would for anyone else, they let her proceed.

She flung the door open, her eyes scowered the room quickly and then focused on a moving chair from within the middle of the room, it swung itself around exposing a chunky man, his wings were away, his face was drawn with lines, years of emotions were just written all over his face. When he saw Shay standing there in his doorway his mouth formed a thin line.

"You Rebels aren't too keen with keeping your secret locations hidden," Shay sneered as she moved further into the room. She flicked a long lock of blonde hair back; it lightly hit her white wings which were tipped with gold, a sign of royal status. When Angel's wings were tipped gold it meant they had been dipped with fortune, usually one received such fortune when they successfully completed a task given by the Angel King. 

"I'm sure you are familiar with the fact that this is our only location that we let be known, for occasions such as this." The Leaders wiped his hand across his face; he licked his lips quickly and sighed as if he was annoyed, tired, or bored.

"Of course I knew that," Shay snapped back, her eyes narrowing. "I'm here because I heard you knew whereabouts of the Demon King, I'm here to inquire on the information, and if you do know anything you best tell me."

Shay stared down the Leader who fell into a blank state. "What?" The Leader stated without thinking. A frown fell to Shay's lips and she put her hands on her hips. "That's nonsense, the King is dead. You killed him."

"Actually Alistaire killed him, but right now he is being punished, so that's why I'm here." Shay rolled her eyes and tapped her foot impatiently. 

"How in the world could he be alive then? His wings were ripped off, no Angel or Demon could survive that." The Leaders eyes were stern, serious, focused. Just looking at him you could tell his mind was racing, ideas and possibilities creeping around his head, and then it hit him. He sat back in his seat and gripped the arm rests firmly. "You mean..." He started.

"Yes." Shay sneered loudly and stomped up in front of the desk. "He's a Hybrid, someone saved him. Now stop playing dumb and tell me where he is," She barked as she pulled out a long knife. She slammed the tip of the blade into the soft wood, it sunk in a fair amount, with ease and little effort. The Leader didn't flinch; he glared at the blade and didn't move. 

"I am in as much surprise as you are," He told her, his eyes did not move. "What do you have to worry about anyway? Once a Hybrid is made, they lose all of their previous memories, he won't remember about being King."

A sigh of frustration left Shay's lips and she grunted as she pulled the knife out. "Just laying eyes on him though, anyone would know it was him."

"Correction. His tattoos were created by his unique powers, once killed they disappeared."

A series of curses escaped Shay's lips, she did a full circle around the desk swearing and then slammed her knife into the wood again. Her face inched towards the Leader. She got so close she could smell his breathe, which smelled like cabbage and turkey. "If I hear you knew things and you lied to me. I will come back and kill you." She spoke slowly, as if she was making sure he picked up every word, or as if she was trying to burn her words into his brain. Then suddenly the door flew open, Shay pulled her knife out and stumbled back turning towards the door.