Chapter 4 ~ The Story of The Same Past

Third Person Pov:

Zane, Nya and Jay had just got back to the monestary after Kai went in. They went to get Lloyd, Cole and Pixal. Once they told them it was an emergency, they rushed to the scroll room where Misako and Wu we're reading and organizing scrolls of some sort.

The slammed the door open which made them jump and dropped the scrolls they held. "Don't you all know how to properly enter a room without breaking, or slamming doors?", Wu sighed in annoyance. "Sorry Wu! But this is important!" Jay yelled anxiously. "Jay we're right here," Cole said in annoyance and glared at Jay. "Well I'm sorry! It's not everyday our friend is being watched by ghost only HE can see!!" Jay's voice went from sarcastic to a panicking tone. Lloyd, Cole, Pixal, Wu and Misako looked at Jay wide eyed. "What do you mean 'a ghost only Kai can see'?" Lloyd asked. "Do tell. This must be important if Jay is acting this way," Wu stated.

"Alright, Zane explain what happened," Nya told Zane who nodded and started to explain the whole 'ghost at the library thing'.

After the explanation, Wu thought for a bit. He looked around and walked towards a few scrolls. He grabbed one and opened it. "I believe I have been told of this happening before. A woman who told me she was able to see her brother's spirit, and her only. The woman came during a terrible storm..." Wu started.

Flashback moment✨

It was a while after dealing with Aspheera... Garmadon and I were inside watching the rain as the thunder grew louder and louder the more the lightning stroke. We soon heard a knocking on the door, which my father too heard. He opened the door and there was a woman . A woman with a bit revealing clothing. But she looked like she was from a different part of Ninjago. Or perhaps a kingdom, for she was wearing a crown on her head. She asked if she could stay the night. My father nodded and let her in. He showed her to his room and gave her his blanket and told her to sit and rest while he gets some soup to warm her. My father came to me and Garmadon and asked us to watch the woman while he gets the soup ready. We both nodded and headed to the room she was in. She was shivering. At first I thought there was still some water on her face until I realized they were tears. I slowly walked over to her. Garmadon tried to stop me but, I ignored him. As I walked closer to her I could also see some blood stains on her cheek, neck and her hands that were barely showing, since she was holding the blanket my father offered her.

I then, sat next to her I asked if she was okay. She sighed and then turned her head to me and smiled,"Yes... I am my dear child... Just a little upset..." I began to become more curious the more I was confused. "W-what happened?" I asked knowing it might be bad. "Wu!", Garmadon yelled at me. "What?", I asked and as the woman started to talk again. "No, no... It is quite alright," she said calmly with a soft smile. "You see... I have lost someone very important to me. But as long as I remember them... I'll be able to see them..." She closes her eyes as she was probably thinking of the person she lost. "Can I ask who you lost...? And if you can really see them?" I asked thinking it was impossible to see a spirit unless she was talking about a ghost. "Yes. I am able to see them right now," she started. Then looked at the other side of her and asked, "Isn't that right little brother?"

She giggles a little after a moment of silence.

The Present✨

"But how did that affect Kai?" Lloyd asks in much worry. "That I do not know, but I might know a way to find out how..." Wu states and Nya just jumps in, "How?!" "We must grab a certain object from Kai, then I'll use a special tea that should show us his past. But we should wait until nightfall... Just so that he doesn't know what we're up to," Wu explained.

The ninja, Pixal and Misako nodded. But little that they know... A ghostly figure was behind the door as she listened to their whole conversation, as her eyes glow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

763 words!