Chapter 3 ~ A Ghost?

Third Person Pov:

Zane has told the ninja about his dream of Kai. Well... Besides Kai, himself. Nya has started to get worried, thinking her brother might be in danger or he could be a murderer.

The five ninjas had so many questions in their heads. So many questions and yet there's no one there to answer them. But after their talk, with Zane explaining his 'dream', they realize that Kai has been acting very strangely...

He's been spending less time with them and instead he just goes to the Library of Domu to read, or just walks around Ninjago Park, or somewhere else. The ninja never knew where the third place he went to for some strange reason.

One day Zane and Nya followed Kai to the Library. Jay went along with them just to make sure Nya needed some support of some sort.

??? Pov:

Kai and I are at the Library of Domu. He's been reading a lot about magic spells or curses of some sort. While I just look around wondering how many books there are here. This place doesn't seem that big on the inside. But it's still pretty big. I look back at Kai to see what part of the book he's reading.

"Find anything useful?" I ask, almost sounding bored.

"No... Not yet," he sighs. I sigh too. I've been with him for about 2-3 months, and we still haven't found anything. You see, Kai and I have been cursed by corruption a long time ago. Our souls are half-corrupted. Half-corrupted means our "evil" side tries to take over us. And some black stuff cover a half of our bodies. Well for me it's different. It makes us kill people with no mercy and no remorse. The stuff actually only happens if we feel too much negative emotions. Mostly just anger, and hate, basically.

I was so stuck in my thoughts until a felt a familiar presence near us. I looked at a certain area behind a shelf of books, as I saw Nya, Jay and Zane. I started to growl in annoyance.

Don't they know anything about privacy?! But then again they're ninja, what should I expect?, I thought.

Then, I turned back to Kai who hasn't felt their presence. I guess it's because he's stuck in that damn book! I groan in annoyance and smacked the front of my face.

Kai's Pov:

I was reading a book, and I bet I was too focused to realize what was going on around me. Until I heard a slap. I looked up from the book and looked at Red. I see her hand on her face. I could already tell she was annoyed. At first I thought it was because she was bored. Must be hard to be in her Soul form. Then, that's when I felt a presence. I felt 3 people near us. Now I see why Red was face palming herself. I was to stuck reading the book I held in my hands and didn't realize anyone was watching.

I started to feel embarrassed. "You know who's watching us?" I whisper to her.

"No!" She said sarcastically. I glared at her. She starts to sigh roughly. "Yeah dumbass!" She whisper yells at me.

"Hey! Watch your language miss!" I whispered yelled back. I blinked and looked around. Same with Red. I guess we both heard it. Sounded like someone gasped. But I don't know who it was. I'm not a Soul like Red. Since we were being watched, I closed the book and got up from the chair and pushed it back to how it was before.

Red looked at me with this confused look. I signaled her that we were leaving. She nodded before we went to the front desk of the library. I gave the book to the library man so I can check it out. Once the library man gave me back the book, me and Red head back to the monestary.

Jay's Pov: Once they got to the library...

We follow Kai into the Library of Domu. Since he goes here a lot. I wonder why? "Let's wait until he goes past the front desk. So it be easier for him not to notice us," Nya suggested in a hushed tone.

"Agreed," Zane said. I just nodded. We look back at the entrance of the library and see Kai finally walking in. Once he went past the front desk, we make our move towards the entrance of the library. After we got inside the library and sneak around looking for Kai.

Where the heck is he?! This library isn't that big!, I thought to myself. I heard Nya gasp, "Over there!" She whispered to us. Me and Zane follow her and found Kai sitting down opening the book where a bookmark was. I'm guessing since he's been here many times that he's been reading that book?

After like 5 minutes of nothing but boredom, I heard Kai talk. "No... Not yet." Who was he talking to? There was no one there. "I think I'm sensing something..." Zane said. Me and Nya look at him as he squinted his eyes a bit. And not long after his eyes went wide. "I believe Kai is not alone," Zane said in a worried tone.

"Of course he's not alone! We're stalking him!" I whisper yelled at him. "Hey! We're not stalking! We're just trying to see what he's been doing these past few days," Nya whispers to me. "That is not what I mean," me and Nya look back at Zane. "There appears to be a ghost with him", Zane says as a matter of factly. Nya gasped. And we quickly looked back at Kai and went away from our hiding spot. "What do you mean a ghost?!?" I asked Zane confused. If it was a ghost wouldn't we see it too?!

"I do not know! But I believe Kai is the only one who can see it. And since I am not human...", He starts to sound disappointed a bit, "I think that me, and perhaps Pixal, can see it." "But that makes no sense! How can Kai be the only one who can see it?! Wouldn't we also see the ghost?!", Nya just saying the same thing I thought. "Should we tell Wu about this?" I said asking Zane. He thinks for a moment then nods, "That would be the wisest choice."

Me and Nya nod in agreement and left after Kai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1,087 words!! My fingers hurt... Hope you enjoyed this chapter!