Chapter Twenty-four

WARNING: there will be a tiny bit if Spanish in there so if you don't understand comment. If I made a mistake it's on purpose because Diane doesn't speak Spanish perfectly. Enjoy ;)
.....

"I can't believe I'm in Spain!" I gush. I look around me at the beautiful scenery. It's so much to take in. Its so beautiful.

"Paris is the city of love but Spain needs some credit too," Chase says when he sees couples kissing. Maybe that can be me and Chase... Wait, what? No. If he liked me that way he would have said something.

"I agree." The class starts walking inside the hotel the school has booked for all 50 students. Inside it's amazing and breathtaking. The hotel has high ceiling and artwork on the walls. Everyone is polite.

"Ok class quiet down." Everyone's excited chatter slowly dies down and Ms. Fernández holds 26 keys. She starts giving them out to the students she calls out in her class. She calls my name and I get the small silver key. When everyone has a key she begins to speak.

"I know some of your partners are of the opposite sex so I'm here to say there will be no funny business. This trip was made to learn and no student in the past 16 years has ever disgraced our school so I advise you not to be the only one that has. Other than that, enjoy your time spent in Spain." She leaves us in the lobby and takes the elevator to her own room. One whole floor is residence just for our class so hers is at the end of the hall if we need her in case of an emergency.

I look at Chase and grin. Its 9 pm here but I have so much energy since I slept on the flight but Chase on the other hand is dog tired.

We get in the elevator along with a numerous amount of other students and I look for our room. Number 217. I open the door with no trouble and place my bag and suitcase at the side of my bed. Chase does the same.

"I'm going to bed," he says. I nod my head and he goes to his bed. Everyone's rooms except for Ms. Fernández has two beds. Chase chose the one near the window and I have the one near the bathroom.

"Good night, Chase." I quietly unpack my stuff and put it in my dresser drawer and stuff like dresses on the closet hangers. I put my toiletries in the bathroom and while I'm in there I wash my face. I'm happy to see that I don't have bags under my eyes and I don't look so sickly pale but I don't have a tan either. Things have gotten better for me with problems or not.

I walk out of the bathroom and grab shorts and a t-shirt to use as pajamas. I quickly change in the bathroom and crawl into bed. I'm not tired but with the lights off and the sound of Chase's soft snores, I manage to fall asleep when my head hits the pillows and my blanket keeping me warm.

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing so I hurry to pick it up. Its still night time and I don't want to wake up Chase.

I finally find my phone and see that it's Tifanny who's calling me. Immediately I answer.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Hey," Tifanny greets me. "I know it's late but I just have to talk to you because I have news: I'm changing my last name to Helena instead of my father's," Tifanny announces out of the blue. I sit up straight from my laid down position and curiously ask why.

"Because," she drags out the word and sighs. "Dad came home and I just can't deal with having the same last name as him. I don't even know why he came back. Mom acts as if he never left but I can't pretend to be a normal family. I want to have my mom's last name like she kept hers when they married," she explains to me.

"Oh, Tifanny. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when he came. I should have been there for you but that obviously couldn't be possible. I would leave Spain if I could just for you." I tell her as I imagine myself talking to Tifanny right in front of me and I look at 'her' sympathetically and I imagine her shrugging her shoulders.