Chapter Eighteen

Cover by therealriceandbeans
Dedicated to Carolina16264

Not edited million of mistakes!
.....

"So..." Eric says awkwardly. He twirls his straw in his tall glass of soda as I take small sips from mine. Tifanny eats fries and Chase glares at Eric with his arms crossed over his chest looking a little intimidating. I can see things are going well so far.

"I just want us to get to the point," I blurt. I couldn't take the silence anymore. Someone had to say something and that person turned out to be me. All eyes look at me and I look down at my drink.

"Eric is helping and so are you. I just want you guys to all get along even though Eric has done some... terrible things. Can all of you agree on that?" I look at everyone's face and they all agree. "Thank you." Some relief is off my shoulders and I'm breathing a little bit better. Sure Chase still doesn't like Eric for what he did and Tifanny is unsure but is following me because I'm her best friend and Eric is eager to help me get rid of Adam for a still unknown reason but I feel like everything is going to be ok. We're having civilized conversations without Chase wanting to rip Eric's head off.

"Can-can I um, get a fry?" I ask Tifanny. Eric looks at me like I've grown an extra head right then and there. Its the first time that he has ever seen me eat, let alone a greasy food. Tifanny passes me her tray and I pick a fry and slide it back. Chase puts his arm around me protectively as I eat. I look at Eric shyly, expecting him to say something against me eating food but he doesn't say anything.

"Is that why you've been a littler fatter?" He asks. My eyes widen at his question. So he has noticed. How come he hasn't told me anything? Try to discipline me?

"Diane is not fat!" Tifanny yells. I love that she's quick to defend me but I'm seriously getting embarrassed and Chase sees this.

"Well it's been nice talking to you but we've got to go." Tifanny brings her fries with her and Chase and I stand up. Eric waves goodbye and we walk out of McDonald's.

"I'll drive you two home." We get into Chase's car and he drops Tifanny off. It's almost 8 o'clock when we arrive at my house. I tell Chase it's not necessary to get out of the car but he insists in walking me to my door.

"Thank you Chase; for not leaving me." Chase takes a step closer to me and I look up at his green eyes.

"I told you, stuck to you like super glue." I give him a small smile and he turns around to go back to his car. When I go to put my key into the door knob I turn around to wave at Chase one last time but something catches my eye. Adam. He's here.

"Chase, wait!" I call out for him right before he's about to leave. "Yes?" I look to where I saw Adam and he's still there.

"Can you stay with me?" Chase gets out of the car and walks up to me. He cups my face in his hands and looks at me with worry.

"What's wrong?" He searches my eyes and I can't look away.

"I'm just scared." Chase nods and pulls me into a hug. "Just call your mother this time." We walk into my house and I take off my jacket.

"What about your parents?" Chase only shrugs.

"They're out. Mathew has a babysitter." Chase doesn't show any emotion about the subject so I decide to change the topic.

"Do you want anything? Water, juice, tea..."

"Water is fine." I leave Chase in the living room and take out two glasses to poor in water for Chase and me. I walk back into the living room with two glasses of water and hand one to Chase. Chase drinks some of his water and I sit on the couch awkwardly. I invited him in, now what?