Chapter Seventeen

Dedicated to @therealriceandbeans again because she's just fab she made me a cover which I love 110%
.....

It's been a few hours after the movie night and Ashley's attempt to kiss me. Its weird yet flattering to have someone of the same sex like me but I believe that she won't try to plant one on me again. I don't think she's fully over me, though. I mean, how fast can you get over someone? I'm sure it's not less than 24 hours or that person didn't actually like that person.

Today's Friday and there's no school which was really convenient for our movie night. I know I wouldn't want to get up early in the morning to go to school after a fun night with my friends. And since its Friday Tifanny's mom isn't home so we decided to keep the party going into the next day. But as soon as Ms. Helena comes home at around 4, everyone will leave and Tifanny will come out of the closet.

Ever since I told Ashley that Tifanny was lesbian too, not much has happened. We went back to hanging out as if nothing happened outside on that porch. I don't think anyone noticed that Tifanny was the one in the middle of the couch instead of me. That was just a little of my Cupid skills put to work. I don't know who this Jade person is who Tifanny has a crush on so might as well work my magic on someone I trust and know for a fact that is lesbian and won't break my best friends heart.

"Breakfast is ready!" Tifanny and Ashley took it upon themselves to cook breakfast for us. Tifanny just wanted Chase and I to get time alone when really she was helping me out with setting her and Ashley up without even knowing.

I get up from the couch and say goodbye to my cartoons that I love. I would have eaten on the couch but I know that Ms. Helena would kill me if she were to ever find out.

"Why'd you make?" I ask. Chase stands beside me waiting for an answer too. Tifanny passes each one of us a plate that contains heart shape pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup.

"You know Valentine's day is over right?"

"Of course I know! After all I was the one who saved myself a lot of cash on getting those cheap chocolates on sale. Hmm... maybe I still have some to put on my pancakes." I roll my eyes. Only Tifanny can eat a whole cow and still stay as thin as a twig. I envy that trait of hers.

"That still doesn't explain why you made heart shaped pancakes," I say.

"Oh. Ashley suggested it." I look at Ashley and I see her try to hide her blush but the red on her cheeks are visible. For some reason, it's been getting really easy to make Ashley blush.

"I just like pancakes with different shapes." She shrugs and we take a seat at the kitchen counter to eat breakfast which is delicious might I add. God, I miss food so much. Sometimes I can't believe how I allowed myself to miss out on something so great. And then I turn sour when I remember that I didn't exactly have a choice.

"These are delicious." I lick my lips after my last bite and everyone agrees. Whoever doesn't agree is crazy not to.

"I'll wash the dishes." I announce.

"I'll help-" Ashley says at the same time Chase says "I'm helping-" Well this has got to be one of the most awkward moments of my life. I don't know who to choose. Ashley, or Chase? Ashley, or Chase?

"Never mind I'll just go watch more cartoons," Chase says after a few seconds of me just gaping.

Ashley picks up the plates and puts them in the sink. "I'll wash, you dry." She nods and I begin to clean.

"Listen, about the last night thing-it didn't happen. I don't know what I was thinking. Apparently I wasn't thinking because I thought you were a lesbian and I wanted to kiss you..." she rambles. "But the point is; I want things to go back to normal. I'm your trainer and you're the trainee. Is that ok with you?"