Chapter Nineteen

Banner by therealriceandbeans

Dedicated to @EspositoN I just finished reading the most mind blowing book. Help her get some more reads and votes for me
.....

"You may now begin your quiz." Ms. Clarence takes a seat at her desk which is located at the front of the class and watches us as we take her pop quiz. I don't want to call her a bitch, but I seriously don't want to take this pop quiz and by the reactions of the students in class, they didn't either.

US history is my worst subject compared to my other classes. I feel like it's boring and not worth my time but I've got to learn-it's school.

At nearly the end of class Ms. Clarence collects our papers and let's us chat amongst ourselves. Some people look like they want to cry or ready to rip their hair out. I'm guessing it didn't go too well for them.

"Diane." I turn around to the voice who called me which belongs to Freddy.

"Uh. Hi," I say awkwardly. I thought that after I left with Chase he would get the hint that I don't want to go out with him.

"I want to apologize for what I said a few days ago. I was out of line. Its no way for me to treat a lady. I have no excuses and I'm sorry. I was just-"

"What's your point Freddy?"

"My point is; I want a redo. Let me restart and take you out on a date. One where I won't be a dick." I think about it. Why would Freddy want to go out with me again? And why would I agree? I've acknowledged that I have feelings for Chase. But I don't know what Chase feels about me.

"What do you say? Will you give me a second chance?" I look at Freddy's hopeful look and feel terrible for crushing him when I say I don't want to go out with him.

"Freddy I-" I'm cut off by the bell ringing and sigh out of relief. I was just saved by the bell. I pack up my stuff and leave before Freddy can get to me. I only have one more class for the day and thankfully Freddy isn't in it.

I walk into the art classroom and immediately my mood lightens. I'm not a good artist but I just love this class. Its more like a free period as long as we do some art. I like to paint random stuff. I don't even paint things, they're globs that look like paintings famous people get rich for which I don't understand because it's literally random paint on the paper.

More students start entering the classroom and soon does the art teacher. He lets us do our thing because he wants us to be free artist but I just think he wants to be by himself while he paints because he doesn't want to teach the students who think this art class isn't serious. Jokes on them when they see their report card.

I walk to the supply table and grab a paint brush, paper and some paint. Art class is the only time I feel at peace. I'm on a private island drinking some fruity drink while Sun bathing. Art helps me not lose my mind along with writing.

I sit down in my usual seat in a corner of the classroom and listen to the classical music the teacher likes to play. I look at my blank peace of paper and think. What should I even do?

I start with the color blue and cover up half of the paper. I stop and use white now. I look at the paper and think that it's a nice shade of blue but I don't know what to do. Cover it all up or add more color? I dip my paint brush in the yellow and do what I did with the blue before turning it into a light orange and paint until my entire paper is painted in the blue, white, yellow and light orange. Now there's a nice background.

"Good combination of colors." I jump when I hear Mr. H's voice. He sneaks up on people and pretends he didn't scare us half to death.

"Thank you." He continues to stare at my painting as he rubs his chin. "Add something dark. Make something. Not just a glob." He walks away and I frown. I don't know how not to make a glob.