𝐁𝐎𝐆𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒

Start from the beginning

"As if I bloody care..." She mumbled, closing the bag shut nonetheless and pacing fast right next to Narcissa. Their footsteps echoed in the empty corridors, the silence only signalling that they were indeed very late. Of course, this wouldn't be something to worry about greatly, hadn't Collins been very keen on punishing those who failed to meet her standards. Whether it was a faulty spell or coming to class late, a detention was always up her bloody sleeve.

They both stood in front of the heavy door, Narcissa peeking through the glass windown before she cursed under her breath and pushed the door open. Immediately, silence fell in the class, Collins stopping her lecture and turned to inspect the intruders with utmost curiotity in her eyes. Without as much as a word, she pulled out a small blue notebook and tore off two pages, levitating them to their direction.

"Those detentions are starting to form a pile, Miss Claire." She scolded, shaking her head in disapointment. "Given your history, I think it would be best if you made some changes."

Callisto rolled her eyes, and walked to the empty seat right next to Narcissa's. It was always like that. If she stepped a toe out of line, the reason for her expulsion would be brought up either as "history" or as "a terrible mishap". It had left many people wodering as to what the Slytherin could have had, but rumours about her cursing someone's bloodline and setting a fire in the Transfiguration Class were enough to shut them up.

"As I was saying," Collins continued, strolling around the classroom with her wand tapping the desks as she passed by. "Today we will be revising a very important part of your N.E.W.T.s that you initially examined in third year. However, I have been told that the respective professor focused on the theoretical and not practical aspect of the subject, and unfortunately, this is not good enough."

Collins finally reached the front center of the classroom, where a large, wooden chest was and pointed at it with her wand.

"Boggarts." She stated, Callisto's head perking up in interest. "It's a shape-shifter, though nobody has ever seen what they truly look like. That is because they take the form of one's worst fear. As I assume you remember from your third year, they are usually found in dark and secluded places like wardrobes, old cabinets and chests. I will now demonstrate how you can defeat the Boggart and then we can start practicing."

The witch stood in front of the chest and with a wave of her wand, the lock opened with a faint click, allowing the chest to burst open violently. Immediately, a gigantic cockroach jumped out of the wooden chest and stood in front of Collins, making Callisto's heart race. Her eyes snapped to the Professor who cleared her throat and aimed at the bug with her wand.

"Riddikulus!" She enunciated carefully. As if on cue, a popping sound ensued and a set of bright pink rollers appeared on the cockroach' legs. With a loud thud, the boggart was sent back into the chest and Collins turned to the class, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand. "The spell used to fight a Boggart is "Riddikulus"! However, what really finishes them off is laughter. I want all of you to form a line and start practicing for the rest of the hour."

A few students excitedly got and stood in the front of the line, giddiness written all over their features to see what their true fear was. Callisto was not one of them. Usually, she wouldn't back down to a challenge like that, but having the whole class witness her trying to fight off her worst fear was too personal. Perhaps she wouldn't feel as negative towards the situation if it was more private, but asking Collins about it was out of the question. So, the girl dragged her feet to the end of the line, not noticing four pairs of eyes watching her every move. That was until she felt a someone falling heavily on her back and she stumbled forward, barely managing to find her balance.

"Shit, are you okay?" She immediately turned around, a string of curse words right at the tip of her tongue when she saw who her attacked was. Her hard glare softened unconsciously at the sight of the Gryffindor, his hair falling messily in front of his eyes as a warm, red color tinged his scarred cheeks. "James did it."