Chapter 9 | Dandelion

Start from the beginning

One day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I snap out of my daydream and realize that it is already seven o'clock. Time seems to be slipping out of my hands, and I never seem to have enough of it. I brush the math worksheet off of my desk and let it fall to the floor. I look around the mess of my room, the textbooks in every corner and sticky notes covering the walls. It makes my head spin.

Inspired by my flashback, I pull out a sheet of notebook paper from a drawer in my desk and pick up a pen that happens to be pink, my favorite color.

I title the sheet "One Perfect Day."

I make a list of all the things I would do on a perfect day.

1. Skydive (obvious reasons)

2. See a Galapagos turtle (they live a long time)

3. Kiss in the rain (like from the movie The Notebook)

4. Name a star

5. Change my hair

6. Eat a whole deep dish pizza by myself

7. Go scuba diving

8. Hunt for seashells at the beach and bring them to some sick kids I met in the hospital

9. Hug a sloth (I heard they give the best hugs)

10. Make things right with Elise

11. Have a deep conversation with my mom

12. Help Grant get on the right path

Notice I didn't write fall in love. You can't fall in love in one day. That is something that takes time and patience, both of which I don't have. You see, I have a sort of obsession with love.

I want it so bad that I cant think about anything else. Every time a guy shows interest in me, I immediately get attached and want to spend every hour talking to him. Usually, this scares them away, and I never get the chance to get close to someone. It's a problem. One that I won't have to worry about anymore.

I take my hair out of my bun and let it fall onto my shoulders. It is starting to thin out since I am not eating enough. I take a look at myself in the mirror. My once muscular thighs are now bones with skin on them. I lift my sweatshirt. My abs have faded away leaving, my rib cage exposed. I look disgusting.

I wipe the tears from my eyes that I didn't notice were forming and look over at a picture frame on my dresser. This one is Elise and me two summers ago. We were in a helicopter taking a tour of the Grand Canyon. It was so much fun. We had the best time.

Thump.

What was that? I look around my room for something that may have fallen.

Thump.

It's coming from my window. I walk over and pull back the curtains. I immediately meet eyes with the last person I want to see.

Blake.

He's throwing rocks at my window. He signals for me to come down. I comply.

What does he want?

I walk down the stairs and meet my dad in the living room as he is reading a newspaper. He tilts his head to see me above his glasses.

"How are you feeling?" He asks with a smile.

"I'm doing better," I respond.

I walk towards the front door and begin to unlock it when he makes a concerned face.