Goodbye

—y/n's pov

y/n's pov

I walked out of the abandoned arcade physically unharmed, but mentally hurt.

You felt betrayed, you wanted to hurt Keigo the way he hurt you. You were just a chess piece for him. You were doubting his love for you, but little did you know that he was searching everywhere while worried sick.

He felt as if he was gonna throw up, he was so scared that something happened to you. He was prolonging his work here so he didn't have to bring you back to the heroes.

I stomped my way down the street as angry tears were flowing down my cheeks. My fists were clenched and I chucked out a sob.

I'm not going to live my life in a cell or in confinement! I'm not a fucking animal.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice tell out from above me. Keigo. A part of me felt relieved but it was over powered by my anger.

Once he landed in front of me I saw his worried expression. I grabbed his shirt collar and yanked him to get closer so my face was in his. "If you think you can bring me back to your home, you're wrong. If you think I'm just gonna let myself be thrown in a cell just because of my fucking quirk. You're fucking wrong Keigo, if you think my love for you will mine it easier, then you're also wrong" I shoved him back as his eyes widened.

"What the fuck! Who told you that?" He tried to cup my cheek but I slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me!" He looked at me with a hurt expression that made my heart heart.

"I can't believe I love you, I can't" tears rolled down my cheeks. "Just leave! Just go if your hero work is so much more important than me!" I wiped the tears and held back anymore from coming down.

"Y/n it's not like that! You don't even know my side!" He exclaimed trying to defend himself.

Keigo really does love you, his hero work has always had a special place in his heart and he didn't want you wrapped up in it causing him to push you away. You were hurt as his heart was pounding, he was panicking and was trying to keep you in his life, he couldn't bare to lose you again.

"Oh yeah? I think I understand it pretty well? You were able to make me fall for you all over again and it you thought it would be easier to get me to do anything for you huh?! Do you even love me?! In the way I love you?" I slammed my hands into his chest and he was looking at me.

His expression was telling me that his heart was breaking. "I love you so much! I really do! I didn't want you to find out the real reason I was here because if your reaction. I didn't want you to hate me, I don't want you to. I don't want to bring you back home. I've prolonged my stay because of that reason!" He looked like he was desperate for me to believe him.

The longer he stays here the more I'm at risk to being captured. I have to push him away, I just do.

"Yeah, we're done takami, I don't want to see you ever again" I pushed him back a little. He recovered and grabbed my wrist pulling me into his chest. "Let go!" I exclaimed as I struggled against his tight grip.

"Y/n, I love you so much it hurts. I would do anything for you, anything"

"Oh yeah? Then quit being a hero" I retaliated and he went quiet before lightly shaking his head. "It's what I was made to be, I can't turn back just yet" his now quiet voice came out.

I looked at him as he was looking down at his hand on my wrist. "And when can you?" He sighed. "I don't know, I don't think I ever will to be honest" I yanked my wrist out of his grip.

"Well takami, I hope you become number one in the near future. I hope you forget all about me so it would be easier to be a hero, nothing's on the line for you anymore then. I'll be stuck here at the library til I die from a mugging while you're shining bright in the great big city. Or maybe you might be my favorite visitor in jail, who really knows." I bitterly laughed as a tear rolled down his cheek making me regret what I said.

I felt my heart hurt at him crying. More tears fell down his cheeks. "No matter what, i will only love you. You will be the only one I will care about to this extent, you will be the only girl I'll ever love, in this lifetime and the next. I promise that we will meet again and I won't have to hurt you" he grasped at his chest and held his shirt.

"Well I guess this is goodbye y/n" he turned around and his back was facing me now. "Goodbye, Keigo"

I was being brought to the last place these villains were hiding in. I was shoved in through the doors by dabi. I looked back at him with a glare and he shrugged.

"Hopefully your loverboy left, just like you promised" shigaraki said while turning around in his chair to face us. "Yeah, he left last night" I kept my face expressionless while I was hurting on the inside.

"And once you make up your mind, you'll be protected" I sighed. Did I make the right choice? "You will have to fear the heroes a bit more due to being affiliated with us, but the heroes have always wanted you dead so it makes no difference" he chuckled.

The nasty feeling in my gut didn't go away, it never will.

You're right, the gut feeling never went away. Not even all of those years after being associated with the villains, even though you were safe

 Not even all of those years after being associated with the villains, even though you were safe