Daily visitor

You're back at the library, but it was your turn to sort the shelves today

You're back at the library, but it was your turn to sort the shelves today. For the last week you've had a visitor who has taken a great liking towards you.

y/n's pov

September 15th

I shook my head seeing so many books not in their place. It's a good thing this library isn't that big. I started with the fantasy books.

I then read over all of the titles and smiled reminiscing over the childhood memories with this library.

Once i was finished with the fantasy, it was now time for the history books. I have always had a liking towards history and learning about the past.

I took a book out of the shelf and nearly screamed when i saw someone on the other side reading a book.

The blonde haired man I recently have familiarized myself with was always popping in at random times. "Oh hey, I told you I'd be in the fantasy section" he chuckled putting his book away and coming around from the other side to mine.

I felt my heart pounding due to being so startled. "And you almost gave me a heart attack" i held a hand against my chest and glared up at him. "Oh I'm sorry, are you okay?" He asked with concern laced in his voice.

I looked at him with a tiny bit of surprise. "Yeah I'm okay" he took the book out of my hands and put it on the cart. "So how did it go with your loved ones? Are you still blocked?" He tensed up a bit and chuckled nervously.

I then raised an eyebrow. "Well, I slept on the couch last night" he blurted out as I couldn't help but chuckle, a hand flew up to my lips trying to contain the laughs as he tilted his head chuckling a bit himself.

Why does their laugh feel warm? They both thought.

"Do you need anymore advice?" I asked and he hummed. "Well how do you work your way back up into your room?" He stuffed his hands into his pockets as i shrugged.

"I don't know how to help you there man, I guess you just work your way back up" i walked out of the aisle with the man who's name i didn't know yet, following me.

His phone rang causing him to jump a bit before answering. "Oh? Oh okay" he talked about a few more things before hanging up and sighing. "Well this may be the last you see of me for awhile" he gave me a sad smile as I frowned.

You became fond of this blonde bird man following you around the library you worked at. You liked the company, you liked his presence.

"Oh okay, it was nice getting to know you redwing" he chuckled at the nickname. "Well you won't tell me your name" I shrugged and he hesitated. "I don't go by it anymore, but I can make an exception" he looked a bit nervous just trying to say his name.

"It's okay, I don't need to know your name just yet, I like the mystery" i said as he smiled. And just like that the throbbing went away, it was replaced with warmth.

You knew when people were uncomfortable or upset and could make them feel better by talking, it's apart of your quirk. Your quirk allows you to read how people are feeling and influence a change, it's a mixture of both of your parent's quirk. Your mom knew the second an emotion would change, while your dad could control other's emotions.

"Just call me kami for now" i nodded with a smile. "Okay, kami, I'm y/n and I hope I'll see you again" he walked out of the library but not without a blush.

"Awe is your visitor finally leaving?" Via teased as i rolled my eyes. "And you're immediately cold again, you were just smiling!" Via whined as I raised an eyebrow.

That's weird. What about him changed you, y/n?

 What about him changed you, y/n?