Introduction

Children's laughs echoed in the air as you were running around the neighborhood with your friends you may never see again

Children's laughs echoed in the air as you were running around the neighborhood with your friends you may never see again. One was blonde, one has red hair, one had black, and the last one was you. You all were the best of friends for about a year now and would meet up secretly to hide from the abusive households you all lived in. The air was crisp and cool since autumn was now upon the nice orange month of October. Everyone got along greatly and no one argued in fear one would get too angry and start shouting like their parents would do to them. You guys respected each other and most importantly listened. You wish that this friendship could last forever, but the world really is cruel huh?

You yawned waking up in your dull apartment. You rubbed your eyes before looking  around outside of the window that was in your room. The sky was gloomy and grey, you looked around at the buildings and one of the banners read "stay safe". Yeah we all know that we live in a bad neighborhood.

You hated your job, you hated almost everything about your life. You hated the place you lived, the area you live in, where you're from, and who you're from.

You wish you could just move on from the shitty parts of life but that's all you have ever known. You threw your hair up into a quick ponytail after putting your outfit you had planned on and heading to the library that you despised working at.

Many people would love this job but you didn't, it was the only job close enough to your home that was hiring and payed well enough to keep your apartment even though it is quite shitty.

You've always been unlucky in life, your parents died at an early age and you had to transfer from foster home to foster home.

No one ever really wanted you, you were too weird for them to handle and so they ended up punishing you for it.

You couldn't be the picture perfect child they wanted you to be. This made you never want to have your own kids, you don't think you would be able to give them a loving home because you've never experienced one.

You didn't have much to live for except your best friend and the fact that you still have hope that a hole in your heart will get filled one day.

You don't know why you've always felt an empty space in your heart, it's just there.

You finally got to the library and as you sit in the chair you tap your nails on the desk sighing while you're slumped over in your chair.

The library wasn't a bad place to be, maybe it was the safest place in the neighborhood. People strolled up and down the aisles looking for books that were in the shelves, others were on their computers doing work.