Her quirk

—y/n's pov

y/n's pov

I ran into the library a little late this morning. My little bird visitor wanted to keep me in bed all day again but I have work.

"There she is!" Via exclaimed with a smirk. "I'm so sorry, I got held up" she laughed and waved me off.

"Hopefully it has nothing to do with the pro hero you have in your bed, right?" My eyes widened and I blushed as she continued laughing.

"I'm just kidding, you're okay. You're never late anyways so it's fine" she patted my shoulder and I sighed in relief.

"Get your ass behind that cart, you're organizing books again" I groaned and reluctantly walked in the back to get the cart.

Stupid books, stupid people who don't know how to put the books back in the right place, especially kids. They're the worst in library's.

I rolled the cart into the main room. Someone came in through the doors making the library quieter than it usually is considering it is a library.

I looked up at the person and he had a hood on over his head and sat at a table without looking for a book.

I hummed in confusion before shaking my head and continuing to do my job. I pulled one of my favorite books out and smiled putting it on the bookshelf.

The more books I put away, more people were leaving the library. I looked up and around the library.

The person was still at the table but there wasn't anyone else in the library. I felt a bit uneasy and walked over to the strange person.

I pulled out the seat in front of them and sat down. "Hello, is this your first time here?" They looked up at me and the first thing I noticed were his red eyes.

I gulped a bit but my smile never wavered. He hummed before speaking, "yes it is, I was wondering if you could recommend me any books" he looked at me with a straight face and his light blue hair was peaking out through the sides.

"Oh! I just put my favorite book away but it's called 'murders in moonlight' I'm not gonna tell you the plot so you don't get spoiled" he nodded and I went back to get it for him.

Why did everyone clear outta here? This is supposed to be a safe place?

I shook my head as I grabbed the book and made my way back to the man. I placed it besides him and he looked at me interested.

He picked it up with four fingers and I smiled at him before heading back to the front desk. I hopped in the chair and went on the computer. I kept sneaking glances at him because he peaked my interest.

He's a bit odd, but isn't everyone??

I was typing on the computer til he got up and slammed his hands down on the desk startling me. "I know that your name is y/n, I know that your quirk allows you to control emotions, and I know that you've been getting all comfortable with a hero" his vibe became menacing and I gulped nervously.

HOW DOES HE KNOW ALL OF THIS?!?!

"Sir, I'm just a librarian, I don't know why you're here and I don't know what you want from me, I don't even know how you know me! I just want peace and quiet" I sighed and his glare intensified on me.

"You're coming with us, we need you, we need your quirk" he laughed and grabbed my arm with the same four fingers.

"Hey! Get off me" I tried yanking my arm back but it wouldn't budge.

I could activate my quirk, but it would leave me with a headache for hours making me absolutely hate it.

"Stop resisting" he exclaimed and I shut up.

He was scaring me now. "Okay ok" I walked around the desk and now I was in front of him. "Who are you taking me to?" I asked and he started dragging me out of the library.

"To my comrades" I nodded. "Y/n?!" My head whipped around to see via smoking a cigarette outside. "Hey via" i chuckled nervously.

"Who's this? Where's your friend?" She asked and walked towards us. I felt the mans hand leave my wrist and his arm was wrapped around my shoulder.

"You wouldn't mind if I borrowed your y/n for awhile, right? I just need to ask her a few things" he gave a smile.

She raised an eyebrow and threw the cigarette to the ground and put it out. "She doesn't look very comfortable with you" she looked him up and down with a very bored look on her face.

"Trust me, she's very comfortable" he glared at her the same way he glared at me. "Yeah, she's not going anywhere" she yanked me out of his grasp and I could finally relax again.

"Y/n? What's going on?" The voice of my winged friend called out causing the man to jump a bit and run away. "Oh it's just you kami, thank you for that" he looked at me a bit concerned and ran towards me.

Once he stopped in front of me he cupped my cheeks and checked if I was hurt. "Are you hurt anywhere?" He then checked my arms and upper body.

"Did he touch you?" His eyes were still wide and I nodded. "Yes but I'm okay, he didn't hurt me" my sleeve was rolled up and a few red marks were left on my wrist and arm.

"You're fine alright" he looked back up at me and I gave him a reassuring smile. "I promise, it looks worse than it is" he sighed and placed his head on my shoulder.

"Do not get hurt while I'm not with you please" I placed my hands on his head and ran my fingers through his hair to calm him a bit. "I'm not going anywhere" I laughed and he nodded.

I hope this can last forever.