Tension

—y/n's pov

y/n's pov

"Keigo, what's going on?" I asked as he looked a bit stressed.

"Oh nothing, work back at home is piling up while I'm here. I want to get things done as quickly as possible so I can get the next thing done. It's not that I don't enjoy our time, it's just that no one knows what they're doing back at home" he ruffled his hair and I started at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I bet it's hard" I sat down next to him and he sighed. "What do you think you would be doing right now if you weren't a hero?" I suddenly asked making his head turn to my direction.

"Why are you asking?" I shrugged and turned to face forward. "Just curious" he hummed and shifted in his seat.

"I might've been traveling around the world if I had enough money to do so." He tapped his fingertips on the table.

Yeah he never did like being tied down. Heh, kinda ironic isn't it?

"What would you be doing if your life was a bit different?" He asked and I turned to him with a smile.

"Hmm, I might've been a teacher, I don't know. I probably would've tried my hardest to publish a book." We are facing each other now and he tilts his head.

"You're cute" he poked my cheek and I swatted at his hand. "Do you wanna go out today?" I asked a bit excitedly and he raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with the library or your house?" He asked and I tilted my head. "We only ever hang out at my house or the library, don't you wanna do something new?" I crossed my arms and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, I get it, you just don't ever want to take me out in public." His eyes widened and I huffed. "What do you mean? I just don't want you to get hurt" he grabbed my shoulders and I rolled my eyes.

"You just don't want to be seen with me, I live in a shitty town so it would probably make you look bad. I can just see the headlines, pro hero hawks seen around a sketchy town with an equally sketchy person?!" I had my hands stretched out like a banner and he shook his head.

"Oh my god no! that's exactly why I don't want you in public, what if the media destroys you? What if the word gets out to the villains and they decide to take you as a hostage, they almost did yesterday! What if you get taken from me? I can't see that happen! I don't want to see you get hurt I just can't!" He brought me in for a hug and his grip was a bit tight on me.

My eyes were wide with shock because that's when I realized how much he really does care for me. "I'll go through it all just for you" I blurted out now showing how much I care about him.

"It's just going around town, and no one cares about who lives in this town" I sighed and he nodded.

You guys thought it would just be so easy to go back to the way you guys used to be, but you're wrong. You guys have changed a lot, he's a pro hero and has work to do. You're a civilian who he sees as someone who needs protection from the things that are bad. What he doesn't understand is that you can fight for yourself but you know when to shut up and comply when you're in a dangerous situation.

"Where do you want to go" he asked and my smile came back. "I've always wanted to take someone to this specific place but I never had the chance, so you're special keigo" he chuckled and shook his head.

We were now on a cliff that overlooked the town. "Woah" he looked all around at the scenery and I smiled at his expressions.

"Yeah I found this place one day after I ran away from home and it instantly calmed me down" I plopped down on the rock and he did the same. "This town isn't too special but it does have its better places even if I do have to travel a bit for them, in the end it's worth it" he chuckled a bit and crossed his legs.

"It is pretty peaceful up here"