Chapter 9

Luna pov:

It was now 1 pm and I was just waiting for Hannah's brother Alex to come into the room. Was a nervous? Yeah, a lot. I think anyone would be, well they'd mostly likely be scared instead of nervous.

All of the sudden the door opened and in walked Alex with a smile on his face. "My favourite patient" he said before hugging me. I gratefully accepted his hug. "Hey Alex" I said before both of us sat down. 

"So, how are you feeling?" he asked me. "Good, considering the circumstances." He nodded his head in understanding at my answer.

"Ok, so you already know the results of your blood work and the other tests we did. Now for what we can do" he started with. I nodded my head and decided to keep quiet for now. "You probably figured that, but the only option really is doing a chemotherapy." I nodded my head as a sign that I understood. "Even that will not promise us that you will survive for sure, but it's making it possible. Without it you'd die in a few months."

I sighed "Isn't that a decision my dad has to make?" Alex nodded his head "Well yes and no. Yes, he does have a say in whether we do the chemo or not, but your dad would agree with me on doing it. You do have a right to have a part in this decision though. Why are you even asking though? It sounds like you don't want to do the chemo."

I looked at the ground "Because I do not."

There was a moment of silence where he was visibly trying to process my words and not cry. "It's your decision for the most part Luna. No one can force you to go through with the chemotherapy, but tell me why you don't want to do it?" "I don't want to fight any more if I don't know if I'll ever get better."

He got up from his seat to walk over towards me and kneeled down in front of me. Alex took my hands into his. "I know this sounds weird, but think of Ricky, Hannah and everyone else you love. You would miss them, right?" I nodded my head. "And they'd miss you too. Because they care about you Luna and if you decided against doing it, they will not hate you, but if you do decide to fight me and all of them would be by your side if you need us. Wouldn't you at least want to be able to look back on your life and say I tried fighting, even if there is a small chance it'll go wrong?" "I guess" I said.

He nodded his head as a sign that he understood. "Think about it for a day or two, but keep in mind that the sooner we start the more likely it is for you to survive. Now go to your brother I think he is a bit overprotective over you. He tried to make me let him come inside with me, even though you said no."

I quickly walked out of Alex office and before I could react two pairs of arms wrapped around me. "How did it go?" Ricky asked me while we were walking back towards hi car. "Good" I lied. I could not tell him that I was thinking of not doing the chemo.

"You'll get through this little Moon. All of us will be by your side through it all" he said before getting into the car. I nodded my head and quickly got into the car.

-

Two days later

Ricky pov:

I was waiting outside the doctor's office again since Luna was getting her first round of chemotherapy today. Nini could not come today because it was her mother's wedding anniversary.

So, I have been sitting here outside for an hour waiting for my little sister to finish her treatment. Not that I am complaining. I would do this for over and over again if it meant that my sister won't die.

A bit later the door finally opened and out walked my sister followed by a frowning Alex. "What's wrong?" I asked no one in particular. "Nothing, can we get ice cream?" she asked. I hesitantly nodded my head and grabbed her hand.

After a few minutes of walking to my car and being silent I just could not contain myself. "Are you sure nothing happened. Alex looked so, he looked so disappointed, I guess. No, that's not it he looked like something went wrong." "I promise you nothing happened. It was because of another patient" my sister tried to reassure me, but I wasn't convinced.

So, I texted Alex myself. He had given me his number or well Hannah did in case of an emergency. He replied immediately saying something along the lines of he cannot tell me anything because Luna does not want him to, but I should ask my father. I sighed and promised myself to do just that.

We got ice cream , listened to music, and just enjoyed some time alone before going back home. "I'm going to do my homework" Luna said as soon as we walked through the door. "Ok" I said since I had to talk to dad anyways. "Dad" I yelled into the house. "In the kitchen son" he answered me.

I walked into the kitchen to see my dad making pizza. Well, more like warming up store bought pizza. "Hey, how was the doctor?" he asked me. "Good, I guess. Except the part where Alex was frowning like something was wrong. He and Luna refused to tell me what is wrong. He said you could tell me." Dad sighed "I do know Son, but if Luna doesn't want you to know I won't go against her wishes. Just do me a favour and do not fight with your sister anymore, you two should enjoy the time you have left until you go away for college."

I nodded my head "Yeah, I was going to do just that. Call me when Dinner is ready." "Sure thing. When you go up could you tell your sister to come down? I need to talk to her about her treatment." I nodded my head "No problem dad."

I guess it was not anything serious since dad does not want to tell me. It is probably just some embarrassing thing my sister is trying to hide form me. Yeah, that is it. After doing as my father had asked me to do I jumped onto my bed and decided to call Nini. I smiled as soon as she picked up.

Nini and I were happy. Dad, Luna, and I gad a great relationship. Our mother is out of our life and Luna is getting treatment for her illness we will be fine.

At that point in time, I had no idea how wrong I was and how everything would only go down hill from there.

———
Technically this is the last chapter, but there is still an epilogue for y'all