Chapter 6

Grab some tissues
———

Luna pov:

It was just another day of me crying myself to sleep because my own brother did not believe me or so I thought. My crying was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Leave me alone Hannah" I yelled, since it could not be anyone other than her.

Instead of saying anything the person opened the door and in came Ricky. What was he doing here? What if he was on a side with my mother? That thought caused me to jump up and take a few steps back.

As I did that, I could see the confusion in his eyes, which calmed me down slightly. He closed the door before sitting down on a bean bag in the corner of my room. I slowly walked back over to my bed.

Technically it was the bed in Hannah's guest room, but I have spent the last month living here. "What are you doing here?" I asked to break the awkward silence.

"I want to talk" is all he said as an answer. I shrug my shoulders and motioned with my head for him to say something.

"I feel bad for not listening to your side of the story before accusing you of lying. Do not get me wrong I still do not think you are telling the truth, but I am starting to think you are not saying it to get attention, but instead to get help. Maybe something happened in New York, maybe you were bullied. Luna you are my little sister and if you just tell me the truth, I will forgive you for lying. I know you never meant to hurt anyone."

My mouth fell open in shock at his words. "Are you fucking serious!" I exclaimed.

"You come here just to tell me that you don't believe me again. You should not be the one forgiving me I should be the one forgiving you. I wanted to believe the reason you believed our mother was the fact that you had no idea about what went on at home, but I am starting to believe it is just the fact that I mean nothing to you. It's ok, I have accepted it, but just please get the fuck out of my life and never come back."

My words shocked him, well more the fact that I yelled at him. I am not usually the type to yell at anyone. Lately though I have not been the same, well I have not been the same since I came home.

"You're my little sister, my little moon of course I care about you. I just don't want to have to choose between mom and you" Ricky tried saying to make me feel better.

I laughed at his words. "You choose our mother the day you decided not to believe me. I do not need someone, who does not believe me in my life. Just leave please."

"Lu-" he tried to say, but I cut him off. "No, just leave. I don't need anymore people in my life reminding me of how worthless I am and that you are the better child."

His eyes widened at my words "Who told you that?" "You really never noticed how mom would treat you like a prince, while I was always second just because I wasn't a boy. I always thought you just didn't want to realize it, but I guess I was wrong."

"Mom wouldn't do that" he said, but I could hear that he was unsure.

I shook my head at his ignorance. "Leave Ricky. I have no nerve to argue with you. Maybe one day you will realize that I was right and then it will be too late. I won't ever forgive you for what you said today" I told him with tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

He just nodded his head before turning around to leave. Right before he left, he said "I can't believe you Luna. Mom would never do those things, but I hope you will be happy. Just tell me why you always send my letters back when I tried to reach you."

"Because I was never in New York. It was a trick to make me go to Chicago" I said without any emotion in m voice even though I was so close to breaking down.

The moment these words left my lips something seemed to click in his head because he abruptly looking at me with pleading eyes. "You made your decision Ricky. Now leave or I'll get dad to ground you." He sighed before nodding his head.

"I love you my little moon" he mumbled before closing the door.

As soon as I heard his footsteps walking away from the door I broke down.

Ricky pov:

I messed up big time. Why would I not even listen to her before talking?

It all makes sense now. She was always trying to do anything to make mom proud, while I did nothing, and mom was always happy about what I did. I think deep down I knew Luna was always the least favourite child, but I never expected mom to go that far.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Hannah waiting at the bottom of the stairs. "And? Did you two talk it out?" she questioned me. I sighed before shaking my head. "I messed up, just please let her know that if she ever needs me, I will be there."

Hannah looked shocked, but nodded her head, nonetheless. "What happened Ricky? Do I need to check on Luna? Is she ok?" "Yeah, you should probably check on her. I think she is crying or at least really upset. Make her some pasta and talk to her, that always helped her."

After I said that I made my way to the front door to go home.

My sister hates me, my dad does as well, my mom was manipulating me and Nini is also mad at me. I guess dad will forgive me eventually and Nini might too, but I cannot say the same for Luna.

I have never seen her this upset about anything. I made a huge mistake and now it is too late to fix it.

In a few months I will leave Salt Lake City and she will have this city all to herself. I turned around to look at her bedroom window before getting into the car. I only saw Hannah hugging her and all of the sudden a small smile graced her lips.

I smiled at that and got into my car. She will be just fine without me in her life.

I had to wipe away my tear before I could start the car. When I got home, I went up to her room and sat on the floor for hours while crying.

I deserved this, I deserved to feel like shit for making her feel the way I did, but it did not make it hurt any less.

———
I'm not sure if I'm happy that Ricky realized he was wrong or if I should cry because of their fight