Chapter 2

Luna pov:

I was sitting on my bed with all my stuff in boxes or suitcases surrounding me. Even If I wanted to, I could not move, I deserved to feel like shit after leaving without saying anything.

Maybe if I would still be the old Luna everyone would forget about it, but I am not.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door, which startled me. Should I open the door? Wait, I did not lock it anyways, so I just ignore it. "Luna, can you I come in?" Ricky asked through the closed door.

When I heard his voice I froze, what did hewant? I did not answer him, how could I? So, a few seconds later the door to mybedroom opened to in fact reveal my older brother. "Is it ok if I come in?" He asked again. I just nodded my head. Not trusting my voice to work.

After closing the door,he walked over to the me and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry for being mean to you. I should have listened to your side of story before jumpingto conclusions."

He was saying sorry, why was he saying sorry? He had everyright to be mad at me. "No, I'm sorry for just leaving. I don't know what I wasthinking, I just thought that it would hurt less for both of us." All of the sudden I was pulled into a tight hug "It's all forgotten."

I let out a breath I did not know I was holding. "I missed you so damm much" Ricky told me, which causedme to smile. "I did too" I honestly told him.

Because I did miss him, I missed him, Hannah and Nini. That is it, those are the only people who missed me, so they are the only people I missed.

We just sat there for I do not how long, but it felt great. "I'm glad you are back" he told me when we pulled apart. "I am too" I told him with a smile on my face. A genuine smile, it felt so I do not knowweird, I guess. "So, you really thought Nini, and I would end up together oneday?" I nodded my head "Yes, it was obvious that you two liked each other. Ok,maybe Nini told me that she likes you and you are my brother, so yeah I figuredit out."

He shook his head while laughing "You are unbelievable, little Moon." I glared at him when he used my old nickname "Don't call me that." He just chuckledat my reaction. "But you are my little Moon."

I sighed and decided to give up. Ricky started calling me that when I was 3 because apparently, I was obsessed with Moons. Like everything I ate had to be in the shape of a moon and my wholeroom was decorated with Moons.

"Hey Ricky?" I said to get his attention. "Yeah" he said before facing me. "Did anyone else miss me?" I quietly asked.

That caused his eyes to widen in surprise "Of course Luna. Hannah missed you, Nini did and so did Big red. Mom and Dad missed you too. We all did."

I knew he was lying about part of it, but I am glad that at least some people missed me. "Why were you asking anyways?" he questioned me. I just shrug my shoulders in response "I guess I was just curious."

I do not think he believed me, but he did not press any further. "I missed us writing together, we should do it again sometime soon" he suggested. I would love to, but I do not write songs anymore. "I'd love to, but I don't write songs anymore.I just don't enjoy it anymore."

Liar, my subconscious said. "Oh" was all he said in response at first. "Well, we could still sing together, Maybe one of our old songs or one of mine. Whatever you want."

It broke my heart to see him like this, but I could not possibly lie to him. "I don't sing anymore either" I told him. I could see that he tried to say something, but I cut him off. "Ricky, I don'twrite songs anymore, I don't sing anymore, I don't play the guitar or the pianoanymore. I do not act anymore either, I just do not enjoy any of it anymore. It'sthe reason I came home, my dreams changed."

I felt bad for lying to him again, but the truth would break him. He just nodded his head in response "Oh ok, you'll still come and watch me in the upcoming musical, right?"

I smiled and nodded my head without any kind of hesitation "Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world." That caused him to start smiling too "At least you will come, not like mom."

That caused me to raise my eyebrows in confusion "Why wouldn't she come? She always came to your events." I held myself back from saying that she always came to his unlike she did with mine.

He sighed "Mom and dad got a divorce and ever since she's been living in Chicago with her new boyfriend. They came to my first show, but after that I haven't talked to her once." My breath got caught in my throat when those words fell from his lips. "They got a divorce" I said with a shaking voice.

"Yeah, you didn't know? Mom said she told you and dad thought you knew too."

I shook my head "She didn't tell me." It is not like I even talked to her once since I left, but he did not need to know that part.

"Well, yeah they got a divorce actually a few months after you left. Dad is not doing that well, but Mom seems to be as happy with her new life as she was before their marriage went down the drain."

Ricky really had no idea what it was actually like before I left. He just knew what he was supposed to know and honestly had no idea how to tell him the truth. "How about we go back down to Nini and cook together, you know like we used to" Ricky suggested.

That caused me to smile brightly and nod my head in excitement. He chuckled at my reaction and stood up. We walked downthe stairs and into the kitchen, well more like ran. He was chasing me because I was to slow in his eyes. When Nini saw us, she started laughing "I did not missyou turning Ricky into a huge baby."

"I'm not a baby" he said. Nini just shook her head with a smile on her face "Sure" she said loudly.

But added "But you sure act like one" in a whisper. I loved this and this is exactly what i missed.

———
If anyone hasn't realized yet, we don't like Lynne over here. Especially not in this book.

Vote and comment