Chapter 3

Luna pov:

"Luna" Big red yelled in excitement as soon as I stepped into the auditorium after school.

"Hey" I said while smiling at him. Ricky, Nini and Big red were smiling at me while everyone else just looked confused. Ricky picked up on that and introduced me. "Guys this is Luna, my little sister."

"I'm Ej" a raven-haired guy said. "I'm Gina" Gina introduced herself for the second time. "I'm Ashlyn" a red head said. "Oh, so your red's girlfriend" I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Big red looked at me with raised eyebrows "How do you know?" I was about to open my mouth to answer when Nini cut me off "She's always known everything before any of us do. You should know that by now Red." I forced a smile at her statement.

"Anyways, since you're Ricky's little sister you must be as talented as he is. Are you going to audition for the musical?" Gina asked me, to which I shook my head in response. "Anything regarding Singing or acting is just not my thing, I would much rather read" I said to clarify.

I could see how Nini wanted to disagree, because she knew I have always loved singing and acting, but Ricky just shook his head at her.

"Nini, I need your help with the new costumes" A familiar voice all of the sudden yelled. What the heck, I thought to myself.

Just then Hannah walked onto the stage followed by Kourtney. "Luna?" Hannah said with happiness evident in her voice. That caused Kourtney to look at me and smile brightly "Welcome back Birdie."

I just could not help but laugh at her nickname for me. She gave it to me after she heard me sing for the first time, because she thought I sounded like a bird, in a good way. Why did I give all of this up to go to New York again?

Oh, right because I basically had no choice in the matter. Well, I did, but most people would have done what I did if they were in my situation. I still get that Ricky was hurt and I know I'm selfish for not telling him why I actually left, but I cannot ruin him.

"Wait, so you're here for the auditions, right?" my best friend asked with hope evident in her eyes. "No, you know that I don't like singing or acting" I told her, hoping she would not say anything.

To my luck she did not stay quiet.

"That's crazy Luna. You loved singing more than any other person in this room. For god's sake you left your perfect life here to go to a private performing arts school in New York. You risked everything just to be able to be on the stage of your dreams" she nearly yelled at me.

I took a deep breath to not let the tears escape my eyes. "You're right I left to go to New York, but not because it was dream like everyone thinks. I left because I had no other choice, even if no one believes me and hates me for what I did, I do not care. Because I did what was best for everyone around me."

I ran out of the auditorium with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Ricky pov:

I was shocked to say the least. Luna just yelled at her best friend, something I have never seen, or thought was possible.

Nini, Big red, Kourtney and Hannah all looked just as confused as I felt. The others just looked at me, silently asking me to explain. "Ricky, you need to talk to her" Nini said, which caused me to look at her. "I know, but I think she needs a few minutes alone."

A few minutes of silence later I kissed my girlfriends head and made my way out of the auditorium to find my sister. I knew where she would be, but that was not what was concerning me. I was worried because this was not my little Moon.

It has only been around two days since she came back, since I talked to her in over a year, but I knew she was not the same.

The old Luna would have never yelled at anyone even if she more than enough reasons to do so.

I did in fact find her sitting in the library crying her eyes out. I kneeled down to her level and slightly touched her shoulder. "What's wrong, my little Moon?" I softly asked her.

She lifted her head to reveal her red and swollen eyes. I sat down next to her and pulled her to my chest. "I don't hate you for following your dreams, I would never. Even though I am glad to have you back." Luna did not stop crying and I was helpless.

I knew how to usually calm her down, but it did not work. She loved it when I played with her hair or even if I just held her, that did not work this time though.

"Luna, tell me what's wrong. You are worrying me" I said to her while stroking her back. She just did nothing other than cry.

A few minutes later I decided to try it a different way. "Why did you mean with you had no other choice?" I questioned her. At that she raised her head enough for me to see the scared look in her eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen if you tell me truth little Moon." "Mom made me go" she barely even whispered before breaking down again.

I just pulled her closer to my chest again until she had calmed down enough to speak. "Tell me what mom said to make you go to New York."

Luna took a deep breath before starting to talk. "She said that I wasn't wanted, since I was a girl and that you wouldn't want me to stay any longer either. I'm so sorry, what she said got to my head" she told me with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey little moon, I'm not mad at you. I am mad at mom for telling you all of those things that are wrong. I never even wanted you to leave in the first place and mom is just traditional, I'm sure she didn't mean it that way."

When those words left my lips she nodded her head before standing up and just walking away.

That confused me even more than her running away the first time. Did I say something wrong?

———
Don't be a silent reader, I love to hear everyone's opinion on what'll happen next