prologue

Ricky's pov:

I knocked on my little sisters' door. Today is her first day of freshman year and I wanted it to be perfect for her.

When she did not answer I knocked again and again. Five minutes later I had enough and opened the door. I was expecting to find Luna in her bed with pillows surrounding her, but I did not expect to find a nearly empty room.

The furniture was still there and a few clothes, but everything else was either stored in boxes or was gone. "Luna?" I asked into her empty room.

I already knew she wasn't here but where else could she be. "Ricky, you have to get ready for school" My father told me. I turned around to face him "Where is Luna's stuff?" I questioned him.

That caused him to raise his eyebrows "She told you that she left for New York last night, right?"

My face fell "New York?" I mumbled. He nodded his head "Yes, she promised me that she told you, but by the looks of it she didn't." I shook my head "You are correct. Why is she in New York anyways and when is she coming back?"

He sighed "The first question I can answer, she got a scholarship for a private school for performing arts there. For the second question I have no idea, probably in the summer, but I don't know for sure." I nodded my head as a sign that I understood "Ok." I walked out of my little sister's room hurt.

How could she just leave without telling me? We were so close, and she just left without an explanation.

I am happy that she is living her dream, but I thought she knew I would support her.

After getting ready I started my way to school. Now I have to tell Nini, Big red and Kourtney that my sister left and will not be attending East high with us any time soon.

There are better ways to start Junior year.

———
I'm just posting this now because I already wrote it, I won't be posting anything else for a little while