𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘨𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴

"BEGIN," SAID LORD Voldemort, watching as his death eaters started to tear down the protection spells on the Hogwarts castle.

He looked at his side. "Are you ready?"

Alex's jaw clenched. "Yes."

Voldemort looked back at the castle. "Good."

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

"Fuck," muttered Alex, almost tripping on a brick.

It was only 30 minutes later but in that 30 minutes a lot had happened; the bricks of the castle were everywhere, dementors made the air cold, and everyone was either in a duel or looking for their loved ones. Or hiding.

"Alex," said a voice behind him.

Alex, who was hiding behind a pillar, turned around immediately. "Draco?" His eyes widened at the blood on the boy's face.

Draco's eyes widened on the cut on Alex's face. "What happened to your face?"

"I fell. Who did you kill to get that much blood on you?"

"How did you know I killed? Maybe it's my own blood."

"Blood gets everywhere when you kill," said Alex with an unreadable expression.

"Alex, I don't want to kill— I just have to! Oh Merlin, I'm going insane. I can't do this."

"Apparate out of here, Draco."

"I can't. If I don't join the war and the Dark lord wins, he's going to kill me."

"He won't win."

"How would you know?"

"Even if he did, you'll be alright, Draco. Apparate out of here with your parents. Just say it was an order from the Dark lord's heir."

"And you?" Draco asked immediately. "What will happen to you here? Why don't you also leave?"

Alex ignored the shouts from the people around them. "Leave, Draco. Now."

Draco flinched when Alex apparated away. Then, he immediately rushed to his parents and apparated away with them.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

When Alex apparated to the top of the school, he looked down at the people dueling underneath.

Technically, he wasn't breaking the unbreakable vow; he was joining the war, never had he said he would fight in it.

"Stupify!"

"Protego!" shouted Alex at the same time, eyes slightly widening when he saw who it was.

Harry Potter.

"I need your help," said Harry reluctantly.

"You almost fucking killed me. I could've fallen off this roof if that spell hit me."

"But you didn't. Anyway, what's the last horcrux?"

Alex frowned. "What? You mean the Dark lord's?"

"Yes," nodded Harry. "I need the last horcrux, Riddle. What is it?"

"..He'll kill me if I tell you."

Harry shook his head. "Riddle, please—"

"Promise me Daphne and my son will be alright. And so will Draco."

Harry frowned. "Will you tell me the horcrux if I promise you that?"

"Yes."

"I promise Greengrass, your son, and Malfoy will be alright."

Alex let out a shaky breath. "It's you, Potter. You're the last horcrux."

Harry rubbed his face anxiously, trying to comprehend the boy's words. "Are you serious?"

"Please keep them safe."

Harry nodded. "Thank you for the help, Riddle. I'm so sorry—" he stopped, his scar starting to throb.

"Go! Leave!" shouted Alex in urgency.

Harry nodded and immediately rushed away.

A few seconds later, Alex saw the man— who was supposed to be his father— in front of him.

He saw the man— who was supposed to be his father— look at him in fury.

And yet, he saw nothing but a stranger.

Not a father. Never a father.

Never was the man his father. Never was Alex his son.

"You helped him?"

"Yeah," nodded Alex, accepting defeat.

Voldemort raised his wand, staring at his son with nothing but disgust.

Alex saw the slight hesitation when the man looked into his eyes.

But it still came.

The spell still came.

The green light still came.

And Alex didn't close his eyes, waiting.

While the killing curse was heading his way, all Alex thought about was his son.

How his son would grow up without a father, just like him.

If he could, Alex would give anything not to die; not because he wanted to live, but because he wanted to see his son grow up.

Unlike Voldemort, he didn't want an heir. He wanted a son.

Unlike Voldemort, he would've loved his son. He would've cared for him.

"Maybe in another life," whispered Alex right before the curse hit him.

Voldemort watched the life fade away from the boy's eyes and watched the boy's dead body fall to the ground. "I'm sorry, Callista." He whispered, then turned around and went back into war.

After all, it was just fate. And fate couldn't change.

Alex's destined fate was to die. On this day.

And nobody could change that.