𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾- 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘧𝘰𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘳

ALEX WIPED THE dust from his suit, stepping out of the fireplace. Staring at the people in Malfoy manor— where he was called— he raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Bellatrix pointed to someone on the ground. "We needed to make sure if it's Potter or not before we could call the Dark lord. Draco says he isn't sure if it's him or not."

At that, Alex looked at Draco, an unspoken sentence passing through them: do not reveal who it is.

Draco swallowed.

Alex slowly looked at Harry. Walking up to him, he crouched down to his level. "What's wrong with his face?"

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix looked at another death eater— Scabior, his name was— questioningly.

"Dunno. He was like that when we found him," replied Scabior with a shrug.

Alex didn't break eye contact with Harry, knowing damn well it was him. "I can't know for sure, Bellatrix."

"How?!" Bellatrix practically shouted. "How can you not know who it is?!"

"Speak to me with respect or I will force you to," said Alex calmly, standing up. "I don't know if it's him."

"Use legilimency on him! You must know how to do that!"

"Whoever this is, he knows Occlumency," lied Alex. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go."

Without looking at anyone else, he grabbed a handful of floo powder and disappeared in the fireplace.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

"Alex!" Tom's voice boomed throughout the manor a few hours later.

Alex, who was in his room, tensed immediately.

His bedroom door slammed open and a very angry Tom walked in.

"Yes?" Alex asked with a steady voice.

Tom's jaw clenched. "Did you know it was Potter?"

"Who?"

"Don't act dumb," sneered the man. "Did you know or not?"

"No."

Tom grabbed the nearest object— which happened to be a whiskey bottle— and threw it at the direction of the boy. "Don't fucking lie to me!"

Alex flinched when a piece of glass cut his face.

"Answer me, goddammit!" Tom exclaimed in anger, shutting the door behind him loudly.

"I did not know it was him. I wasn't sure."

"Crucio," Tom pointed his wand at Alex, frowning when all he got was a clenched jaw. "Does it not bring you any pain?!"

Alex didn't reply.

The man scoffed at the lack of answer. "Crucio." He repeated. Even if Alex wouldn't give a reaction, he was still in pain as it was shown in his eyes.

His eyes.

Tom immediately stopped when he looked into his eyes.

He turned around, putting his head on the wall, closing his own eyes. "Alex, did you know?"

"No," replied Alex, trying to wipe the blood on his face.

Not knowing whether to believe his son or not, Tom merely opened the door and walked out of the room.

Alex walked to the bathroom, looking into the mirror.

His right cheek was cut, but not too badly, all the way down to his chin.

He started to wash away the blood, then put a towel on it, which didn't stop the bleeding but it did make it better.

"Are you okay?!" asked a concerned voice, catching his attention.

He immediately turned around. "Go back to your room, Daph. He might come back."

Daphne shook her head in shock, staring at the towel— which was starting to get stained with blood. "Alex.."

"I told you to go back to your room," he repeated, while she walked up to him and took the towel, starting to wipe the blood off of his face for him.

"How long has he been doing this?"

"It doesn't matter."

Daphne gave him a knowing look. "Really?"

"Go back to your room."

She helplessly nodded, backing away from him. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

"I'm very sure," said Alex.

He didn't want her to see him like this. Not when he was helpless.

Daphne nodded again and turned around, walking out of the bathroom.

Alex looked at the mirror again and sighed.