𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑- 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

IT WAS NOW a few months later. There were only 2 months left for the war and Alex was trying his best not to think about it.

"Are you sure you don't want to know the gender?" asked Daphne, her head on Alex's shoulder.

She knew about the gender of the baby, but Alex didn't— wanting to know when the baby was born.

He put an arm around her and looked at the manor in thought. "If the Dark lord wins this war, we can't live here. We have to move as soon as the war is over. And if he loses, we'll be in danger. Potter might want us killed or something."

"Don't think about that now, Alex. We'll all be okay."

He nodded, then looked at her. "I want to know the gender."

Daphne smiled, pulling away. "It's a boy!"

Alex felt his face breaking out into a huge smile. "We're having a son?"

She nodded in excitement. "We're having a son."

"Oh Merlin," breathed out Alex in shock, putting a hand on her stomach. "I can't wait until he's here."

"What should we name him?"

"How about.. Atlas?"

"We're not naming our baby Atlas," refused Daphne with a shake of her head.

"Why not?"

"Got any other ideas?"

"You should choose the name, Daph. You're the one birthing our child."

She hummed, feeling her lips twitch upwards. "What do you think will happen after the war?"

Alex shrugged. "I don't know. I'll be okay with anything as long as the baby's healthy and safe."

She gave him a nod of agreement. "Yeah, but still."

"Whatever happens is fate. We can't change fate."

"What do you think your destined fate will be?" Daphne asked, laying her head on his shoulder again.

"I don't know," replied Alex truthfully. "Hopefully it'll be with you and our son."

Daphne looked at her hands, starting to fidget with her fingers. "Alex.. I don't want you to go to war."

"I don't want to go, either."

"You don't have to. We can leave—"

"No, Daphne."

"Yes, we can! We'll go somewhere far away until this is all over. The baby can be born somewhere much safer. We all will be much safer."

"Daph.." Alex shook his head. "I can't."

"Why not?" frowned the girl. "It'll be alright."

"No, it won't. I have to join this war."

"Fine," she mumbled reluctantly. "But please.. please take care of yourself."

"I will. Don't worry."

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

That night, Alex was walking back to his room after making sure Daphne was okay.

He turned around when he heard footsteps, immediately tensing.

Tom stopped, staring at the cut on his son's cheek. "Why aren't you asleep?" He asked awkwardly, trying to make conversation.

"I found the gender of my child," replied Alex. "I wondered if you felt the same when my mother told you what the gender the baby in her womb was."

"Alex.."

"I'm having a son," continued Alex, enjoying the way Tom stilled. "And as soon as the war is over, I'm walking away from this manor immediately. With my family."

Tom nodded, swallowing.

"Thank you for giving me an example of the kind of father I'll never be," finished Alex, walking into his room and closing the door.