𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈- 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯

"I THINK THAT'S done," said Alex, putting the last box in Daphne's new room— which was in Slytherin manor.

She had agreed to move in with them after having Alex promise that the Dark lord would not harm the baby or her. Also, she was now betrothed to Alex— when her parents found out about the pregnancy, they refused to talk to her again, but Daphne already expected that.

"Thank you," mumbled Daphne, looking around the room.

The room was huge and unlike the other rooms in the manor, it was painted white and beige.

Alex rolled his sleeves up, nodding at her. "Do you need anything? Anything I can get you?"

"No." She shook her head and sat down on the sofa by the fireplace. "Thank you."

"Daphne, I think you should know something." He sat down next to her, but there was still a space between them. Not looking at her, he continued, "I don't think I can care for this baby."

"What?" asked Daphne with furrowed eyebrows, her eyes holding hurt.

"I can't— I shouldn't.."

"Shouldn't care for your child?" She scoffed and stood up, standing in front of him. "Alex, this isn't fair. Not to me, but to the child. Children shouldn't have uncaring parents!"

"Yeah," he stared into the fireplace. "But if their father cannot feel? Just like their grandfather?"

"What do you mean? You're scaring me, Alex." Her shoulders slumped.

Alex finally looked at her. "I want you both safe, Daphne. You and the child. But you both will never be safe. Not unless I stop being involved with you."

"Alex, please don't leave us." Daphne's eyes teared up. "I can't do this without you. The baby needs a father."

"I'm not leaving, but it will kill me inside to know you both are in danger every minute of every day."

"What are you going to do about it?" She sighed, sitting back down and putting her head on his shoulder.

Alex stiffened up, but slowly relaxed and put an arm around her. "I don't know, Daphne. I don't know what I'm doing now."

"Please, Alex. Please don't be like your father."

"I'm more like him than I think."

"No. No, you're not—"

"Daphne, I cannot fucking feel. Just like him."

"Maybe you can't feel love, but you sure can feel care."

He sighed. "Maybe."

"Alex, I know you'll never be like him. You already care for this baby, which is not a weakness. You're not weak for caring. And if I'm being honest.. I think you're going to be a great father."

Alex bit his lip nervously, but appreciation was shown in his eyes. "You think I'll be a great father?" He repeated weakly.

"I think you'll be an amazing father."

His lips quirked upwards. "I hope you're right, Daph."