𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾- 𝘭𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬

ALEX WALKED INTO the common room while everyone else was sleeping in their dorms as it was midnight, but unfortunately, he couldn't fall asleep.

He laid down on the couch by the fireplace and put an arm over his eyes, tensing when he heard footsteps.

It seemed like— whoever it was— didn't notice him and kept on walking, then a few seconds later they were out of the common room.

Alex stood up just in time to notice a glimpse of blond hair.

He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lightened it up, sitting back down.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶

Alex didn't look away from the fireplace when somebody walked into the common room an hour later.

"What's your task, Draco?"

Draco Malfoy shook his head.

Alex rolled his eyes and turned around, looking at the pale boy. "What's your task?" He repeated.

Draco rubbed his eyes in an attempt to not look sleepy and sat down on the couch. "I can't say."

"You can."

"My Lord will—"

"Not do anything to you if I don't let him," the other boy cut him off. "You were mine before you were his death eater."

"I was your servant. I'm now his."

And he was right. Draco was ordered by his father to be Alex's friend, but he realized soon enough that Alex was using him. When he tried to tell his father such, his father merely rolled his eyes and claimed that it still was good enough for the Malfoy family name to be more respected.

"Exactly," Alex said as if it was obvious, lighting a cigarette again, offering one to the boy— who shook his head, not accepting it. "Tell me what your task is, Draco."

Draco hesitated. "I'm supposed to kill Dumbledore."

"Anything else?"

"And fix a vanishing cabinet."

He looked thoughtful. "Alright."

"You're not going to help me?" Draco blurted out. He shouldn't really be surprised, but it still hurt. "Not even a little bit?"

"Do you expect me to?"

"No," Draco shook his head, swallowing.

Alex exhaled some smoke and nodded. "There's your answer."

"Alex, please—"

The said boy shook his head, walking to the boys dormitories staircase and leaving the other boy.

Draco sighed, standing up.

A few minutes later, he was at his dorm.

He laid down on his bed and noticed something on his bedside table.

His eyes widened.

Liquid luck.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶

"Have you heard?" asked Pansy Parkinson, sitting down in the Slytherin table that morning.

"Heard what?" Blaise questioned, biting into his pancakes.

"Potter's liquid luck has disappeared. Potter claims somebody stole it."

Draco tensed, glancing at a calm looking Alex, who was acting as if he didn't even hear what Pansy said.

"What?" Daphne Greengrass frowned. "Stolen?"

"Maybe he just drank it but forgot about it," shrugged Blaise, looking at the boy from the Gryffindor table. "Riddle, they're looking at you."

Alex looked at the Gryffindor table, making eye contact with Harry Potter.

"You stole it, didn't you?" Daphne asked knowingly.

"Did you not hear what Parkinson said?" Alex looked at her, face blank. "Potter claims it's stolen."

Blaise frowned in thought. "You think he's lying?"

The boy shrugged without an answer and stood up, walking away.

"I'll go," mumbled Draco, standing up.

"Draco," whispered Blaise, checking to see if Alex was nearby. "Be careful."

"It's a bit too late for the warning," replied Draco bitterly, walking away in the direction Alex went.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

Sitting down next to Alex in the charms classroom, Draco whispered, "Why'd you do it?"

"You ask for my help and then question me?"

Draco blinked.

Alex looked at him. "Never speak of this again, Draco."

The boy next to him nodded, shoulders slumping.