𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾- 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥

"LETTER FOR MASTER Riddle," a house elf bowed, giving the frowning boy the letter, and popping away with its magic.

Alex Morfin Riddle— a mere 16 year old boy— opened the letter, frown deepening with each line.

Years ago, the dark lord had a son and named him Alex— as he wanted a common name because he didn't want too much attention on his son. And when the dark lord vanished, Alex was given to his mother.

His mother was a beautiful pureblood woman; blonde hair and blue eyes— the eye color Alex inherited, but the hair he did not. He inherited his father's dark black hair instead.

Fast forward years later, Alex's mother had died, which he refused to speak of— then he started living alone in Slytherin manor, which he was heir to.

Not wanting to be near Dumbledore, Alex attended Durmstrang instead of Hogwarts, but because of a situation, he started attending Hogwarts in his 5th year. It was a coincidence his father had came back by then.

Unfortunately, he didn't actually see his father the whole year like he had thought he would. Because of that, he ignored every letter his father started sending him, not even bothering to open it, and sent the owl back empty-handed.

It was a shame, really. He was looking forward to having a father.

"So, you're coming?" Draco Malfoy asked.

Oh, and he was friends with Draco— whom he had met during a pureblood ball a few years ago.

Draco visited often, but this year, he did not.

Alex knew why immediately; Draco was now a death eater.

"It depends," replied Alex, lighting a cigarette. "Who's attending?"

"The Parkinsons, Greengrasses, and many more. Mother didn't talk about it too much. It was—"

The other boy raised an eyebrow.

Draco shook his head, starting to itch his left forearm.

"An order from the dark lord," finished Alex, inhaling smoke, not looking away from him. "Why, Draco?"

"Alex, I can't," whispered Draco, standing up, grabbing his jacket and putting it on.

Alex exhaled the smoke and stood up. He was just a bit taller than Draco. "He's looking for me, isn't he?"

Draco became quiet, giving him the answer he needed.

"When is it?"

"In half an hour."

"Who the hell sends an invitation to a ball 30 minutes before?"

"I'm supposed to convince you to come," admitted Draco with a sheepish shrug.

The other boy looked away. "Is he going to be there?"

"My lord puts on a glamour when with his death eaters. I've never actually seen him without it, so yes, but I don't know how he will look."

"A glamour?"

"It's kind of.. well, looks like a snake—"

"Nevermind," Alex shook his head, walking away. "I'll be ready in a few minutes."

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶