Ear Pain Sucks (Taehyung Sickfic)

NOTE:

Hey y'all!! I know a lot of you are waiting for your requests but Ig I won't be able to do it for another 2 months. For now, I'm posting this chapter which I wrote in collaboration with jeon_tae_jeon
This is my original version while the collaboration one is already published in her book "Vkook Oneshots".

The one posted there is way fluffier and better so do check it out as well!

Enjoy reading! Borahae~💜😘

<Jungkook pov>
<Home>

After taking a shower, I came out of the washroom and heard a 'ting' sound coming from the direction of the bed where my phone was kept. Still wrapped in a towel, I picked up my phone to see 3 text message notifications from Taehyung.

-Good morning Dr. Jungkook
-I'm going to visit my hometown so I won't be able to come to the clinic for 2 days.
-Thankyou

Hometown? His younger brother lived with him while his parents had shifted to a foreign country last year. I called him twice but he wasn't picking up the phone. I was sure that he was hiding something from me.

<Time skip>
<Clinic>

"Take these medicines for a week. You will feel better soon" I said to the middle aged lady sitting on a chair beside me.

"Thankyou doctor" she bowed and left.

"When is the next appointment?" I asked the nurse standing in front of my desk, checking the patient's records from her brown clipboard.

"It is after half an hour doctor" she said.

"Okay" I pulled out my phone from my pocket and called Taehyung. After 3 tries, somebody with a thin sweet voice picked up the phone.

"Good afternoon doctor."

"Good afternoon... Umm... Who is it?"

"I'm Jimin. I'm Taehyung's younger brother."

"Oh hey Jimin. Where's your brother?"

"Ummm... He's not here..." he said hesitantly.

"I know there's something wrong. Can you please tell me what's the matter?"

After thinking for a minute, he finally spoke, " Hyung is not well since yesterday. He has a low fever with severe ear pain. I told him to get himself checked by you but he isn't listening to me at all. "

"Is he taking any medication? "

"Yeah he was using some sort of ear drops in the morning."

"How can your brother be so irresponsible about his health? Give him the phone. I want to talk to him" I said in a stern voice.

"No!...I'm sorry but please don't tell him that I've told you everything or he would eat me alive" Jimin pleaded.

"He won't say anything to you. Give him the phone."

"Actually... He has a fear of needles. That's the reason why he was not picking up your phone. He's scared of getting checked up" Jimin explained.

"Ah... That's okay. I'll make him come to the clinic in my way. Just keep the phone near him and tell him that Dr. Jeon has sent a text."

"Okay doctor..." Jimin cut the call. I typed a text to Taehyung.

-Hello Taehyung. You know that there's a lot of workload in the clinic. I'm sorry to say but I've to to fire you. If you want to save your job, then report in the clinic right now.