Coccydynia (Taehyung Sickfic)

Requested by miro_tehet

______________

Medical reference: Coccydynia is commonly known as tailbone pain. It can be due to many reasons such as prolonged sitting, bad posture, pregnancy, injury, infection etc. Pain areas include lower waist, butt amd sometimes rectum. Treatment includes physiotherapy, painkillers, nerve block injections and even surgery in severe cases.
_______________

Taehyung(20)
All other members are of their current ages which means Jungkook and Jimin are his hyungs here☠️.

Seoul hospital
Dr. Jung's Cabin
Taehyung pov

[Jimin is accompanying Taehyung while other members are at the dorm]

I was lying down on the examination table on my stomach, watching every subtle change in the doctor's expression while he was checking my X-ray reports. He was sitting in front of me, making me even more anxious.

My nervousness didn't go unnoticed by Jimin hyung. Sitting beside me, he was constantly running his fingers through my hair, patting it occasionally.

Because of extremely bad posture, I developed chronic coccydynia a month ago.

As the condition was quite painful, I had to get an injection along with some oral medicines to relieve the symptoms.

After a week or 2, the pain lessened and I was back to work.

But last night, while I was at an interview, I fell off the stool right onto my back. Undoubtedly, it was terribly painful.

At that time, in order to carry on with the work, I said it was all okay so that we could wind up the interview without any interruptions.

No sooner did we enter the green room, than I plopped on the couch on my stomach, groaning out of the piercing pain in my tailbone. All the members got really worried about me.

I could barely sleep for an hour with the help of cold compression. The condition was worsening minute by minute, so Jimin hyung booked an appointment with the doctor and we left for the hospital in the morning itself.

"Hmm... The reports are fine. Luckily, there's no fracture or dislocation" the doctor assured.

He further added, "I need to check the affected area. Can you pull down your waistbands?"

"Y-yes... doctor..." I stuttered, while hyung stood up from the bed to help me pull down my pants.

As the doctor was wearing his medical gloves, I locked my fearful eyes with Jimin hyung, holding his hand in mine.

"Calm down Tae. It will hardly take a minute. Just close your eyes, yeah?" he mumbled, sitting in the same position and giving my hand a comforting squeeze.

"Shall I start with the check-up?"

"Y-yes..."

As soon as I felt his fingers pressing my tailbone
area, I winced with unbearable pain, burying my face into the pillow.

"Uhh...."

"Just few more seconds Tae... You are doing great" Jimin hyung whispered in my ear, rubbing my back up and down.

"On a scale of 10, how much pain are you feeling?" the doctor asked, still palpating the area.

"N-nine... Ahhh..."

"It's alright.. It's alright! I'm done with the check-up" he said, pulling up the waistbands again.

With a deep breath, I saw Jimin hyung passing a sympathetic smile to me. Though it was still hurting a lot, but his smile made me feel somewhat better.