SECTION 3: Be Inspired

Inspiration pretty much comes from everywhere. People's actions. Comments you overhear. Movies. Other Wattpad member writings. Now, I don't believe in stealing another person's idea, but you have full rights to piece together your own book utilizing other works as inspiration. And I don't mean just books. I'm talking about any art medium.

Usually, whenever you perform a creative task it sparks a string of creativity within you. So while it may sound crazy, the next time you're "stuck", try drawing or painting instead. Place your focus elsewhere. Maybe even try a new craft project. The process of doing something you've never done before will definitely get your creative juices flowing.

You can also sit down and write down fragment words or ideas. Such as... Lake. Duck. Book. Pencil. Hour glass. City. Baby. Boat. Playing volleyball. A cute little valley with lush grass. I mean, I'll write about anything. Whatever word, phrase or dialogue that pops into mind.

And when the inspiration strikes, try not to limit yourself just because you don't want to go overboard. You can always edit things later. It's better to shave off some stuff than to not have enough. Just write on and on until you jot down everything you can! Sometimes I go back and read what I've written and it actually sounds amazing. I can't even believe I wrote it and that's because I was "in the flow".

Side Note on Building Your Character's Persona: Think about who your character really is. Be reasonable. They're supposed to be human (for the most part), which means they will ALWAYS have a multitude of ever-changing emotions. They'll always be awe-struck by something. They'll always be afraid of something. Always have a million thoughts running through their head. ALWAYS confuse not just themselves, but everyone else too! Think of ways to show their internal conflicts, fears, etc. and then show what they do to relax or settle down, etc. So what I'm saying is that even the macho man needs to show a moment of weakness. And the cowardly girl needs to show a moment of bravery and courage.