Crimson Red Glow

Aizawa's POV:

Everything went way too quickly. I saw the kid's eyes turn red and then she just dashed past me and tackled Eri into a hug. Not only that but a truck came and hit them. I couldn't believe what I just saw. This wasn't just pure coincidence. The kid knew what was going to happen and saved the two children.

I quickly ran towards the girl with the red scarf. My husband was with me and Hitoshi too.

Me: Toshi, Zashi you know what to do!

My husband was a pro hero and Hitoshi was a kid I trained to be one. There was no need to tell them more than that. They knew what to do. I on the other hand started to check the girl up but I quickly saw that she definitely pulled the shorter straw. She had a head wound, some visible cuts and judging by how she was breathing a broken rib if not more. It was only a question of time that she would die right there which I couldn't just stand by.

Me: Yui, hold on! Don't give up!

Carefully as not to hurt her even more I picked her up and ran straight to UA. There was no point in wasting any time trying to wake her up. The kid just got hit by a truck and was still alive. Luckily for me Zashi called ahead and the moment I stepped into the infirmary Recovery Girl was already prepared and waiting for us.

A/N: I am using RG from now on for Recovery Girl.

RG: Mic already informed about the basics.

Me: Good.

RG: You can wait outside.

Me: I would rather stay here.

RG: Feel fre doing so if you want to.

Me: Can you find out who she is?

RG: If you want to know that go to Nezu and let me do my job in peace!

Thinking it might have been wiser to di as she said, I left the infirmary and went to have a quick chat with Nezu. The rat was as usual in his office and looking at the screen. No one ever wanted to know what he was doing there for a reason since he would either plan something ridiculous or gather more intel that he could use against us.

It didn't take long to get to his office and after a single knock he let me in.

The reason for being here was simple. I saw the kid's eyes. The red in her eyes was the exact same red as mine when I was using my quick. It was only a wild guess but I needed to make sure that I was mistaken.

Me: Nezu?

Nezu: You want to know who the girl's parents are?

Me: Yes.

It was no surprise that he already knew what was going on. He always knew before anyone else. There wasn't a need to question the rat unless one wanted to be on his list of candidates to destroy their career.

Nezu: Is she third child you want to adopt?

Me: Something like that.

Nezu: Her name is Yui Kikumoto. She was listed as a missing child for more than 4 years now.

Me: And her parents?

Nezu: Father unknown but her mother is listed as newlywed and out of the country. Her name is Sakura Kikumoto.

Me: Hmm... What's with her quirk?

Nezu: It is quite interesting. There is no information about it.

Me: What do you mean no information?

Nezu: I tried finding it out but all the data regarding that is missing. You seemed to have picked quite the interest in that girl.

Me: She had red glowing eyes while activating her quirk.

Nezu: If what you are thinking that she might be blood related to you then why not let RG make a parental test? It might determine if you have some connections to her.

Me: I'll do that.

Nezu: It might not be the case but if what you say is right than it is too big of a coincidence to have 2 people with a similar trait without being blood related at all.

That was exactly what I was thinking. Some in her family must have had a similar quirk as I do for her to even develop a quirk with that trait otherwise it really would be nearly impossible. It was only for a short while but I felt as if my quirk was gone. As if a part of me was gone. The same feeling that Zashi told me he felt when I use my quirk on him. She definitely had an erasure type of quirk!

Me: *Sigh*

There was no need to talk with the rat even more and so I returned back to the infirmary.

Me: How is she?

RG: Out of danger.

Me: Can you check if she is related to me in any familiar way?

RG: Sure, but why are you asking something like that? You never touched a woman before.

And that was where she was wrong. I did once. It was a time where me and Zashi had a big fight and I went out and got drunk. I barely remember anything from that night but I do remember sleeping and spending the night with a woman. I only hoped that the kid in front of me wasn't the result of that one-night stand.

Me:...

RG: SHOTA AIZAWA! You didn't go behind Hizashi's back dating another woman?

Me: No. It was a one-night stand after the fight over if we should adopt a kid or not.

RG: And you think...

Me: Yes. She had red glowing eyes.

RG: If that's true than you will need to have a close eye on her.

Me: Why?

RG: I found a lot of old injuries that definitely came from fights she was in. She also had a lot of broken bones in the past. There was nearly not a single one of her bones that hadn't had an indication that it was already broken once. Scars that told a story of being stabbed and cut as well as a bullet wound that luckily healed well on its own.

Me: *Sigh* What kind of life did she live?

RG: A dangerous one but I can't tell you more.

Me: Thanks, I'll take care of her from now on.

She saved Eri and for that I was extremely thankful but if she was my own daughter than I needed to adopt her and give her a better life! One that she deserved to have after all that hardship.