Erasure

It was unusual for me to sleep over at the orphanage but I knew that they were busy with the upcoming events. They had a couple of events for the children prepared as well as open door days this week. The reason was rather sad. There was simply not as many vacant spaces for the kids to be and there were a lot of new kids too. Originally this was an idea to help to kids get adopted and it worked wonder. However, this time there were so many kids that there needed to be a couple of open-door days. For this week there were 3 planned and we already held one.

Me: As I thought this bed is really a lot more comfortable then the floor but it feels also weird...

I slept on the cold floor since I couldn't fall asleep on the bed but once the sun began to rise, I went and laid down on the bed just enjoying the moment.

Me: *Sigh* Another busy day!

Come to think about it...

I still need to break into UA...

This would make it a lot easier if I could get a hold of a entrance card but as of now, I don't know the students that are attending the school...

BUT

I know the teachers!

Yeah what a stupid idea!

This will get me behind bars for sure!

What else should I do then?

Hmm...

It's not as if I could just walk into the school and get the information.

Yeah right, that would never happen...

But what if!

What if I make a scenario where I could just enter!

For example, what if someone was in danger or what if I get myself badly hurt and walk down there!

That's it!

I can get easily inside if I get injured and walk a path where one of the pro heroes that teach see me!

They for sure will bring me to the infirmary and to Recovery Girl!

YEAH NO!

What a stupid plan!

I can get myself killed if I am not careful!

Besides they could also bring me to a hospital or I could black out just in the middle of the street and bleed out!

Nope I will pass on that plan!

There must be another plan!

Kid: YUI? Are you awake?

Me: Yeah, come in!

As I said that, I immediately sat up and looked at the kids that just came in. They all looked nice and very excited.

Me: Oh my! Look at the cute clothes' you guys are wearing!

Kid: I am not cute!

Me: Yeah, I know Arthur but don't you think Belle is?

Arthur: Yeah, she is.

I saw him blush a little bit. I did embarrass him and I knew how much these two children liked each other. Even though they were way too young for a relationship, they were still best friend and I loved teasing them a lot.

Me: What's up?

Belle: Breakfast is ready.

Me: I'll be down in 5 so you guys can go and start eating in the meantime.

Just as I said that they left the small room. It was a room the orphanage had prepared for me just in case I would sleep over. I cared for them and they cared for me. This was the relationship I had with the orphanage.

After quickly changing into my uniform I went down for the food. This orphanage had a first floor and it was usually used for the sleeping quarters. It didn't take me long to get to the dining hall and I was immediately greeted and started talking with the kids and feeding the young once that still didn't know how to eat by themselves.

Time skip brought to you by a small black kitten protecting and caring for the other small animals.

The even already started and again I could see Aizawa and Mic there together with their two kids. Eri was a nice girl and she quickly started playing with the others while I started helping out. It didn't take long for Aizawa to come to me and started pestering me once again.

Aizawa: Kid, don't you want to get adopted too?

Me: Nope.

Aizawa: Did something happened to your family?

Me: I have a mother and she is still alive happily living her life. Why should I want to get another family?

Aizawa: If you have a family then why are you living on the streets?

Me: Never said I did and I also never said it wasn't true. You just heard that and assumed so on your own.

Before he could even say anything more, I felt my quirk acting up. It was a small second that my eye color changed to red as I looked him in the eyes. I couldn't see my own reflect and my eyes glowing red. Occasionally from time to time something like this happens when I was in danger. My own quirk was warning me.

The moment my quirk activated I felt someone coming our way with an incredible speed and all I could do was look in that direction. What I saw made my blood freeze. Eri was there playing with Belle.

Me: No...

Before I could even thing if what I was doing, I was already running towards them. Luckily, I didn't use the erasure part of my quirk as I ran towards them.

Please!

Please!

Don't let this be what I think it is!

Please let me be on time!

They are too young to die!

Please!

Just a little bit faster!

I know I can do it!

Unfortunately for me it was exactly what I thought it was. A truck was heading our way and broke the fence of the orphanage heading our way. It was only in the nick of time that I managed to push Belle out of the zone of danger and grab Eri protectively.

Everything was as if time had stopped for a while. I saw my red scarf in the air and felt the direct hit of the truck. I saw Eri and I could tell that nothing major would happen to her since I had her in an embrace. Then I saw Belle and her wide-open eyes and I knew that this was bad. I knew it all from the beginning but still I had to do this. The scars on the kids arms and legs told me that she lived a terrible life. Now at least she had a family. It was worth it.

Thank god I made it in time!

Next thing I know was that I was on the ground. The last thing I saw was someone over me blocking the sun light. There was also this annoying running sound in my ears and after that just pure darkness.