May I Take This Dance?

TWO WEEK LATER

"Hey this is Chastity Gelbert, I'd like to make a doctor's appointment?" i spoke into the telephone. After the conversation jeremy walked in my bedroom.

"What's up?" he said sitting on my bed.

"Nothing much just was talking to Caroline about the ball." I lied. He smiled at my enthusiasm.

"Do you have a date yet?" He asked.

"No not yet" I spoke surprised at the question.

"Well if you don't find a date on time, I'll take you okay?" He said standing up from my bed. I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Jer you're the best" I smiled.

The rest of the day was filled with looking for the perfect combination of makeup to go with our dresses. Since the dress Damon gave me was white and fluffy, and of course sparkley I chose simple but elegant and a dash of red lipstick. I didn't put my hair up, I just clipped my hair to one side. I used my crystal hairclip that I got for my 12th birthday from my dad. It was a Crystal "S" my dad told me it stood for beauty and loyalty.

But whatever that true my ment I didn't care..it was something that my father had given to me. When my attire was finished I walked down the staircase. I felt like Cinderella in a weird kind of way. Elena looking at me as I walked down the stairs.

"Wow! You're beautiful" she spoke. "And where did you get that dress" she explained kind of already knowing the answer. Elena was wearing one of her old homecoming dresses, compared to my dress she looked like trailer trash, I'm the nicest way possible. Then the door opened,and that's when our eyes locked. Damon was in a tux, and is hair looked perfect. He walked up to me, grabbing my hand.

"You look astonishing" he spoke and kissed my hand.

"What are you doing here? "I asked.

"Taking you to the ball, of course" he gently whispered in my ear.

"The dress? It was my way of asking you?" He said. I'm such an airhead I thought. "Let's get Going?" He said asking for my hand. I followed. When we got to the ball. I felt different...

I felt the music taking control over my body. We walked towards the dance floor, Damon taking my hand.

"May I have this dance?" He spoke pulling me in closer. As we moved to the music, our eyes locked that's when my heart started to beat.

"Why?" I spoke. He smiles.

"Why? What" he said.

"Are you just being nice or...is there something else going on?" I said. He laughs, and then spins me, and that's when I come back spinning even closer to him. We were 2 seconds away from kissing but instead we just stood there, breathing the same air..it was....perfect.

"I am capable of being nice, Miss Gilbert" he smirked.

"I never noticed such things"I laughed.

After the fabulous dance, Damon left with Stefan for some vampire reason. I was left alone standing on the balcony.

"What a lovely starie night, isn't it?" A voice spoke coming up behind me. He stands next to me.

"Yes, it is. Too bad my "date" left me." I laugh to myself.

"How can a man leave such a beautiful woman like yourself alone at a ball?" He asks. I laugh at the compliment.