Bonfires & Animal Attacks?

"There's a party by the falls..they have it every year, we are going!" Caroline explained.

Caroline walking with spunk in her step. Elena looks at me, she mocking Caroline in a playful manner.I laugh.

"I don't know we need to watch over Jeremy...I don't want him getting drunk again like last year. " Elena said. I gave her an annoyed look.."jer can take care of himself! Elena" I snapped. Caroline agrees, and then lunch begins right at the bell.

I sit on a bench near the common area outside while eating my lunch. Call me a recluse, a poet of some sort but I like my alone time, believe it or not. That's when I notice Vicky Donovan is with my little brother Jer. I roll my eyes. Vicky is one of those girls that you don't want hanging out with your little brother! I walk up to them starring Vicky down with a sinister glare.

"Jer I admit, I let you get away with a lot more thing a than Elena does but this, is where I draw the line! You know how I feel about vermin like Vicky" I yelled pulling him away.

But jer is giving me the cold shoulder..he's fucking high? I grab his face and look at his eyes. "Are you kidding me?" I said. I drag him to Elena.

Elena & I take him home so he doesn't get suspended again.

"Elena I want us to go to the party tonight. It will be something for us to do...a fresh start" I ask, as we get back in the car.

"You can go but I'm staying at home, and watching Jer," she said laughing.

"Come on, Elena! We have an aunt that takes care us, you know" I explain in a joking manner. She finally is convinced and says she'll go.

Later that night, we got dressed up and headed to the falls. So far..so good I think to myself as I take a sip of my beer.

"Is that who I think it is?" A voice says coming up behind me. I turn around to see Matt, Elena's ex and my childhood crush. He comes up and hugs me.

"Hey Matt! It seems like in forever! " I say.

Matt was the only guy I couldn't stop trying to impress, I guess it's a you were my first crush kind of thing.

"You're growing up fast" he smiles...I chuckle.

"I'm only a year younger than you" I laugh. He agrees in a playful way. Before I know it his eyes start to wonder.

"Elena is here if you wanted to know," I told him giving him a smile. He laughs nervously.

"That obvious, huh? ". I gesture my head.

"Just a wee bit" I laugh. "Its okay, Matt it's understandable" I put my hand on his shoulder. He smiles at me. Elena finally comes up to us.

"Hey Matt. " Elena said hugging him. I let them talk alone, and I walk around..I'm starting to get a little drunk because I'm starting to stumble like usual.

I'm near the forest line when I spot Vicky and Tyler..typical! I wonder into the forest near them two but try to avoid them. I trip over a rock and hit the ground.. as I'm getting up I see shoes standing before me.

"Are you okay? " a voice spoke out. I looked up, it was the guy with the car.

"Yeah...I'm okay," I said getting up. He gives me a smirk of a grin, then he signals to my head. I raise my hand to my forehead, I'm bleeding a little bit more than I was the other day...the first day of school.

He wipes the blood away from my forehead with his thumb. "Be careful, miss. They're scary things that gone bump in the night, out in these woods" he says smiling...then I laughed.

Just like that, he was gone. No name, no number. I didn't see Mystery guy for the rest of the night. I started to walk towards the crowd and that's when I heard it, Jer yelling. He runs up to me holding Vicky she had gotten attacked by an animal. The crowd starts an outrage of screaming & yelling to call the ambulance. They take Vicky away on a gurney in the ambulance. Matt tearing up, I run up to him a hug him...he hugs me.

"I'm so sorry Matt. " I told him. Elena is over near us talking to Jer probably lecturing him for him drinking. So I finally got to be the concerning, and caring sister for once. When we finally got home it was 2:30. We all were dead tired. I passed out on the couch while, Jer was on the other side of the couch sleeping too.

A WEEK LATER

"It just seems like you're moving really fast! You've only known Stefan for like a week..and you're dating! " I explained following Elena around the house.

"Chas you just don't know, what Stefan and I have if you did..you would understand, " she says getting some Landry out of the dryer.

"Even if that's the case," I say holding the basket for her. She gives me a smirk.

"We're having dinner tonight with Bonnie. You're invited, okay? " Elena says.

"Okay! But if he seems like he's not right for you, he's dead too me" I chuckled.

4/11/2016 RE_EDITED AND REVISED