122

E N Z O

I watched her as she ran away from me. It's painful to see.

Tumingin ako sa hotel room namin ni Aila at nakita siyang makatingin lang saakin. Nang makita niyang nakatingin ako ay ngumiti siya ng malungkot.

Napakasama ko! Nakapaloko ko! Manloloko! I am so disappointed by myself!

Alam ni Aila na may mahal akong iba but, she never knew it was Aisha.

In short, we were just fooling each other to be happy.

"Engineer Enzo? Right?" A man spoke behind me. It's Matthew.

"Yes." I replied shortly and sat on the sand. "What do you want?"

"I think you're the one who needs something from me." He said.

"I don't need anything from you." I replied.

"Do you want to knoe ehat happened to Aisha in Boston?" He asked. I had the urge to nod my head pero napatanong ako sa sarili.

May karapatan ba ako?

"If you're hesitating to say yes, I just want to let you know that you have the right to ask." He said. How does he knew what was I thinking?! "Because you were the one who caused her that." He spoke again.

Gusto kong magalit sakaniya but I can't kasi tama siya.

"She was almost diagnosed with depression." He spoke. Napayuko nalang ako sa narinig ko. "Good thing, I came." He said.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"She wouldn't eat on time and if she'll eat, she'll eat junk foods and coffee, that's why she's not allowed to drink coffee lately. Caffeine took all over her body. Then, she's forcing herself to study even at night. Even, she's tired because she wants to be distracted. She doesn't want to think about you anymore. Because if she will, she'll cry again non-stop."

Because of me, she suffered.

My home was wrecked because of me.

"You know how how I met her? She's too kind to people, she don't deserve you." May himig na galit ang pagkakasabi niya non. "One of our classmates tried to hurt her. You know what she said?" He asked.

"It's okay." Sabay naming sabi ni Matthew.

She's always been good. She's always been kind. Why was I too cruel for her? Why did we end up with this situation?

Mat sighed. "She's smart but a fool in love." He chuckled.

"She lost herself when she lost you." He said and sat down beside me. "Bro, I love your girl but my respect for her is greater than my love." He said. "If you want to take her back, take some time. Wait for her to heal." He said and tapped my back.

"I'll trust you for her, Engineer Escalde. I know you still love her so much. You love her more than I do. And if time we'll come that she's yours again, make her happy and give her the love she deserves." He said again and left the shore.

I'm stupid. I'm such a jerk!

How can I hurt the love of my life?

Pero, kasi, I needed to save a life too.

My Aisha, I'm sorry.