51

This chapter will be just a narration.

________________

"CONGRATULATIONS BATCH 2018!!" We cheered.

"Anak, let's take a picture." Aya ni mommy.

After taking our family picture ay lumapit din sila Enzo saamin.

"Amiga, let's take a picture with our kids." Enzo's mom said.

"That would be nice." Mom agreed.

Enzo and I were in the middle. He encircled his arms on my shoulder tightly.

"Congratulations to the both of you! We are more than proud!" Enzo's mom exclaimed.

"Thank you po, tita." I smiled.

"We'll see you when we see you. May lakad ba kayong dalawa?" Enzo's mom asked.

"Mayroon po kami with our friends." Enzo replied.

Bumaling na din ako kila Mommy.

"Can we talk first, Aisha? Before you leave." Mom asked and glanced at Enzo behind us.

"Sure, my."

"Enzo, can you wait for my daughter?" Mom asked.

Enzo gulped.

"Yes po." He replied.

It was just a simple question but why does it feel wrong?

Sinama ako ni mommy sa parking ng school kung saan nandon daw si daddy at naghihintay.

"Aisha, we are beyond proud of you." She uttered.

"I know, my." I smiled. "Thank you."

"And you're making us more prouder." She said and glanced at the other direction.

Tumingin ako don at nakita ko iyong pinsan ko. It was my cousin, Claire.

Claire is my Auntie's daughter. Claire is my first bestfriend in this world. And, her being here only means one thing.

I passed.

Tinignan ko si mommy na may luha sa mata habang nakatingin saakin. Claire, on the other side, is smiling big too.

"You passed Harvard, anak." She said and hugged me.

I  was stunned. I didn't know what to do. I should be happy right? Ganon naman dapat diba?

Tulala lang ako sa habang nasa yakap ni mommy. Until I notice that I was also crying. I know these tears are aren't a tears of joy. It's a tears of something more painful.

Aalis ako. Maiiwan ko siya.

I was secretly hoping that I can fail. For me to stay here.

Claire ran towards me and hugged me so tight.

"Oh gosh! I miss you so much, Aisha!" Shw cheered.

"I miss you too, Claire."

"Guess what? You passed Harvard! I can't wait to live in U.S with you!" She exclaimed.

Tinignan ko sila mommy at daddy na magkaakbay at mukang tuwang tuwa.

"Uhh, Claire, Aisha has something to do with her friends. Might continue your chat later when we go home?" Mom interrupted.

"Yes, tita! Congrats again, Aisha! I missed you so much." She hugged me again akya natawa na ako. Halata ngang namiss niya ako.

"Maiwan ka na namin. Anak, I might say it all over again, but we are so so proud of you. Okay? Remember that." Mom said again.